1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JFly

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by wsp4820, Oct 19, 2008.

1. wsp4820

wsp4820 Sally Club Member Junta Member

Do we know why JFly hasn't been playing that many snaps at WR? I haven't actually looked at the stats, so I could be way off, but it seems like he's only in on maybe 1 out of every 3 or 4 offensive plays. Seems like Crawford is on the field 3 out of 4. Is he hurt? Is he tired from kick/punt returns? Is he tired from his routes? Seems like we need to get this guy on the field as much as possible and get the ball in his hands with some space to run.

I don't like that we're using him almost exclusively as a deep threat. Yes, he's the best one we have, but he'd also be extremely dangerous on a quick slant in the open or a designed screen of some sort.

2. SBG

SBG Formerly known as EFNMB Club Member Junta Member

One of the memorable plays we had from last year was against TT when JFly went on a quick inside slant and made people miss to go for 20.

Unfortunately, CH has been getting too many batted down at the line to do that this year. Maybe things will change with Hansen at QB more and more (well, if he does get more reps).

And the screen has been abandoned. I have no idea why, we have some good talent in the open space.

3. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

I've been saying it for weeks. Get him some slants and get the ball in his hands 10 times a game. He mentiones he has some minor nagging injuries post game last night.

4. broncos1

broncos1 Member

It is the year of the nagging injuries but still okay enough to play in certain spots!

5. dply

dply Doble hoja Club Member

Doesn't help when you take a helmet to the junk. Ouch