What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Jim Leavitt is allsome

I see it as pretty smart if that's what it takes for your team to win. I hope Shay Fields makes it back this week. He really makes a difference stretching the field. I liked some of the up tempo stuff we did last night too. Please start hitting the TE some too, it'll open up a lot of ****.

And for the defense to hold given the offensive offense the last three series of 3 and outs is solid.

CU's offensive play calling:
  • 3rd from last drive: Run, run, pass broken up, punt
  • 2nd from last drive: run, short pass, run, punt
  • Last drive: run, run, run, punt
No. Help. At. All. JL is allsome!
What it did accomplish was to leave OSU with no time is on their last drive. I had issues with the execution, not the play calls.

How committed is Leavitt to CU? He appears to love it here but if a suitor comes calling would he go? What would it take? An HC job? Another DC job? NFL?

He would love a HC gig. Remember he would of been making $2.1 million last year at USF if things had not gone bad. He has lost a lot of his earning potential because of that. incident. Now the stigma has worn off especially with CU hiring him in the college game. I am sure he will get a shot soon.

Let's wait until our D wins us a game we really shouldn't win before we start getting worried about Leavitt going anywhere soon.
JL doesn't need to prove himself as a coach. The only thing holding him back from a position was the incident in FL, and he has been laundering the reputation for a return while he is here. Like somebody already said, KState will probably come calling sooner rather than later. I love the guy. He has a passion that is contagious, and quite frankly much needed around here.

JL doesn't need to prove himself as a coach. The only thing holding him back from a position was the incident in FL, and he has been laundering the reputation for a return while he is here. Like somebody already said, KState will probably come calling sooner rather than later. I love the guy. He has a passion that is contagious, and quite frankly much needed around here.

Earlier this year the old man was openly lobbying for his son to take over as the next head coach. It will be hard for the AD to go against the old mans wishes.

Earlier this year the old man was openly lobbying for his son to take over as the next head coach. It will be hard for the AD to go against the old mans wishes.
They should hire Chuck Neinas to conduct a search. No, seriously. They need to do that. Like yesterday. It will be hard for teh AD to go against the old man's wishes...

He would love a HC gig. Remember he would of been making $2.1 million last year at USF if things had not gone bad. He has lost a lot of his earning potential because of that. incident. Now the stigma has worn off especially with CU hiring him in the college game. I am sure he will get a shot soon.
I agree with running the ball, but I question running Sefo into the line on 3rd down. He's not exactly a runner.

JL had a great run at KjSU but that program has much less to do with the school than it does with the unique approach Snyder took.

He developed the relationships in the JUCOs. The school was willing to do whatever he wanted in terms of admissions and academics for his athletes.

Last time he retired they fell apart almost as soon as he was gone. When he came back so did the program.

This time it will be even harder. The NCAA has changed the rules on JUCOs making it harder for KjSU to get guys in that in the past wouldn't have been a problem. It also means that JUCOs that intend to transfer to BCS schools are more likely to qualify for admission to a larger number of schools. The kitties no longer have the monopoly on a lot of these guys. Without that what does K-State have to offer, things have gotten much harder for them.

I don't think K State would be as interesting for him as we might think.

Hard to tell. His personality is the kind where he seems committed where ever he goes...or fired up and not committed. I can't see him leaving to quickly...and he really hasn't done much at CU yet. If he turns this into a top 20 D I could see him getting suitors.

I think the fact that we hired him after the scandal would suggest that he's no longer persona non grata. That said all he's done as improve a bad defense a little. Not a lot. I think we get 3 years out of him. If we have top 25 defense he might be a commodity then. He's not young at 58 so then again this might be his last stop.

Mountain's right. There a reason the crypt keeper isn't doing quite so well this time around (how much did they lost by this week?), and it's not all because he hasn't managed to find as good of assistants as he did last time around.

You'll notice that KjSU's most recent tumble corresponds rather closely with the NCAA's rules changes regarding jucos. It's not chance.

Darth Snyder found and exploited a loophole in the rules. Part of the reason he managed to do it was because he was also at what is probably the worst academic school in the P5.

KjSU hasn't improved their academics, but the NCAA has shut down that loophole.

Meanwhile, while I was writing this, KjSU just gave up another touchdown; which admittedly took some skill, because it's Sunday night.

I was extremely excited to learn Leavitt was coming to Colorado. I think he has the defense playing well considering the personnel difficulties. Much better than the previous seasons. He has great experience, knowledge, coaching ability and apparently recruiting ability. It's hard to tell what he has in mind for his future. I hope his future is with the Buffs. I haven't seen a coach with his enthusiasm at practice in a long time. He gets everybody going, not just the defensive players. He was proud to have played in Folsom Field, albeit as a Missouri Tiger. The players have to love a coach like him.

Leavitt exudes coolness. He is either Slash to MacIntyre's Axl Rose or Keith Richards to MMac's Mick Jagger.

It could be hard to keep the band together.
I kind of view Mac as more of a Peter Noone kind of guy.

I don't know, man, pretty sure any coach would rather win going away. I think he just believes that with the team we have right now, we have a better shot at pulling out a close win in the end than trying to go for the blowout.
I tend to think they are trying to eliminate the "Sefo Factor." Two batted balls narrowly escaped being picked.

i would guess Brent Venables gets a look from KSU. Stoops sort of showed him the door to hire his brother but Clemson not only spanked OU in a bowl game but are in the top 10. so, better than a lateral move, looks like.

edit: Venables is a Snyder, KSU guy. to clarify.

Back