1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jimmy Smith

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by TuffBuff32, Sep 6, 2009.

1. TuffBuff32

TuffBuff32 Member

Did any one else notice that the entire first quarter jimmy was very hesitant and not really doing anything productive but push ppl when they got near him? It's like he was afraid of the guy with the ball. It may be first game jitters or whatever but that stuck out to me and if he is going to start then I want to see more of an effort out there and trying to make plays. Especially with all the hype the coaches are giving him.

2. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

I'm so tired of seeing arm tackles from a D1 team. Ugggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh.

3. TuffBuff32

TuffBuff32 Member

I saw alot of that from him too. ball carrier was right in front of him. didn't try to stop forward motion or wrap up. just pushed him sorta. like the guy wasn't from the other team.

4. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

Jimmy Smith's issues has always been in his head.

5. TuffBuff32

TuffBuff32 Member

It has to be. the 07 nebraska game really perked me up to the idea of him being a big part of the defense. Maybe he needs a few games to get back in the mindset of being all he can be

6. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

From what I saw, Jimmy Smith may have led the team in tackles. That's a problem. Don't bag on the guy for not being a big hitter. That's not his job. He's a shut down corner and CSU threw away from him all night. In run support, he just needs to get the guy to the ground or out of bounds. If our d-line could get any penetration, or even a push, or a stalemate, or hell even get pushed back a couple yards but shed the blocker... then Jimmy wouldn't be having to make so many god damn tackles.

7. TuffBuff32

TuffBuff32 Member

I'm not expecting him to be a big hitter. I'm expecting a D1 athlete to to hit someone in general when there in front of him. He was sitting on his heels. he made the stops but every yard counts and he wasn't thinking like that.

8. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Jimmy Smith wasn't the problem tonight. If the guys he's covering don't make a catch and he doesn't completely miss a tackle, we'll be just fine. What I want to know is why the Browns were playing in the 2nd half instead of Burney.

9. TuffBuff32

TuffBuff32 Member

Thats a good question. Chappelle has done well enough to where i dont worry about him but jalil just plain f'ed up. burney wouldn't have been **** on. he's smarter then that.