1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Joe Glenn

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Unleash Hell, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

Is Cowboy Joe on the hot seat?
    In his 6th year at Wyoming, he is now 27-34, and has not won the MWC. I know he can't get the greatest talent up there in Laramie, but the Cowboys didn't have a losing season from '92-'00. So winning can be done up there.

The more seasons go by that Wyoming is a 5-7 type football team just makes me that much more glad we didn't pursue him like a lot of people wanted.

2. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

Woody Paige wanted him at CU..

On his job security, not sure.. Obviously, you have to start putting together some winning seasons back to back, even though Wyoming was such a disaster between Tiller/Dimmel(spelling?) and Glenn.

3. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

I'm mystified by his lack of success up there. I know it's hard to recruit to Laramie, but it's obviously been done before.

If they do fire him, I hope they hire Ted Gilmore. Gilmore played at WYO and is the only coach on the fusker staff who's worth a damn.

4. broncos1

broncos1 Member

He is definitely on the hot seat. That was a bad move by him to take that job. I dont care how good of a coach you are, it is hard to get people to come to Wyoming.

5. Wyo Buff

Wyo Buff Club Member Club Member

I've got quite a few friends who are alumns and/or played there and the natives are getting restless, figuratively and literally. I was just reading about Oregon's late season collapses and the Joe Glenn Cowboys are becoming known for that as well. The fact of the matter is, at Wyoming, they feel good when they get a 3* recruit but you should also be able to win with 3*'s in the MWC.

6. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

that's kind of how i feel. After Tiller, they had at least one guy have some success and move on without much regard for the future of Wyo football....Dimel took the Houston job. And, that kind of stuff really bleeds a program especially one that is in a low population area or small private school

you can't turn into a coaching stepping stone (Fred Akers and the other guy who's name i'm forgetting) and not see a decline. Tiller brought them back, but then the next guys were careering.