1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Joel Klatt and Joel Myers .....

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by buffsyko, Oct 2, 2010.

1. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

Joel myers, please refrain from doing anymore cu games. I'm suprised he didn't have on georgia boxers on and a bulldogs tie. Everything was about what georgia didn't do and all the breaks cu got etc.... Klatt was decent.

2. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

I really appreciate Klatt's analysis. He has a very good eye for the game, and I appreciate that he doesn't talk about the game like the viewers are all idots. He needs more polish however. It was nice to hear a home-town crew tho... Klatt's homerism was seeping thru at the end of the game

3. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

And the camera work was atrocious. I still don't know what happened on the 2 pt conversion

4. ScottyBuff

ScottyBuff Well-Known Member

I'd like to think that the broadcasting will improve once we are in the Pac-12 but they have a current deal with FSN also and might be the winners of their secondary TV rights deal anyway. Maybe a Pac-12 Network will be better for "non-high profile games" but I'd doubt it initially.

FSN is ridiculously bad at broadcasting live sports. For a network that does just that they don't seem to get any better. Seriously, the .mtn is about on par with them and they are only a few years old!

5. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

I'll check the dvr, I thought the camera work was bad also. But, at least we aren't on the MTN, that is awful.

6. MiamiBuffs

MiamiBuffs Wᴉɐɯᴉ qnɟɟs Club Member

They were doing the Georgia broadcast as well as ours. Im sure Georgia fans were not pleased either.

7. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Active Member

Pretty big part of this win.

8. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

I thought Klatt was very good.

9. BuffNut99

BuffNut99 Club Member Club Member

Funny, the UGA fans seem to think that the announcers were very biased towards Colorado. They also don't have a very high opinion of the caliber of the Buffs before, during, or after the game.

10. aik

aik Club Member Club Member

It could have been Lapham instead of Klatt. Be thankful.

11. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

FSN notes:
    The camera crews took abundant pictures of Folsom. Camera angles from behind trees, close up of the 1990 National Championship sign, different shots of fans in practically every section in the stadium. It looked like the place was rocking. The second level of the horseshoe and the north end zone had lots of red.

The sideline camera crew was trolling for good looking girls as filler shots between plays.

One camera didn't have it's color calibrated correctly. FSN made Georgia's helmets and Richt's jacket candy colored orange-red from one angle, and a true red from others.

Klatt did a good job providing insights. JK is better than getting stuck with Yogi Roth and the MTN crew. Klatt made a remark about there being an x-ray in the locker room for the injured UGA player, which is the kind of insight not many others might have delivered.

Fox had the sense to include a piece on McCartney and honoring the 1990 team during halftime.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2010
  12. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

Yea I noticed that too.