What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Just got done re-watching the game

I enjoyed it, now about that wazzu game...Had a brief but nice convo with lynott's dad. Too bad cu didn't bring their offense cause they had so much better field position most of the game.

The weather was nasty, and all I had to do was maintain my irish death buzz til the baileys hit the hot chocolate.

Props for representing. Weather looked brutal.

I rewatched the game last night. Man that was rough. Maybe some of the uneffective passing was due to the rain? Not making excuses, but it obviously affected Faulk also. How often does it rain in El Paso?? seriously. Maybe this week do a QB by committee type scenario? Give Montez the start and let him play about 4/5 series and see what happens, then rotate.
As far as re watching that game? Edwards is weak for a large Man, he was either blown off the line or unable to slip the block and engage the RB or QB. A couple of times he could have just stuck his arm out and grabbed at jersey or something?
Lewis is a great athlete, he just always seems a step late or a step in the wrong direction from making contact in the backfield or at the line of scrimmage? I see no safety or corner blitzes? Even the color guy (Anthony Becht) doing the game mentioned on several occasions how CU is getting no pressure sending the three DL, and the coaches needed to get creative. BTW - The color guy was spot on with all of his assessments including wsu, that dude is good, I like him. We had great field position the whole game. we were in the red zone it seemed every drive. To bad we could not capitalize. I feel if Moehler had made that pick (more then likely pick 6). The game would have turned a little for us. Not saying we would have won, it was just one more gut punch that seemed to deflate the team. The players seemed very distracted and sulky to borderline pouty. Instead of throwing a temper tantrum should have stepped up their game. This includes MM.

I rewatched the game last night. Man that was rough. Maybe some of the uneffective passing was due to the rain? Not making excuses, but it obviously affected Faulk also. How often does it rain in El Paso?? seriously. Maybe this week do a QB by committee type scenario? Give Montez the start and let him play about 4/5 series and see what happens, then rotate.
As far as re watching that game? Edwards is weak for a large Man, he was either blown off the line or unable to slip the block and engage the RB or QB. A couple of times he could have just stuck his arm out and grabbed at jersey or something?
Lewis is a great athlete, he just always seems a step late or a step in the wrong direction from making contact in the backfield or at the line of scrimmage? I see no safety or corner blitzes? Even the color guy (Anthony Becht) doing the game mentioned on several occasions how CU is getting no pressure sending the three DL, and the coaches needed to get creative. BTW - The color guy was spot on with all of his assessments including wsu, that dude is good, I like him. We had great field position the whole game. we were in the red zone it seemed every drive. To bad we could not capitalize. I feel if Moehler had made that pick (more then likely pick 6). The game would have turned a little for us. Not saying we would have won, it was just one more gut punch that seemed to deflate the team. The players seemed very distracted and sulky to borderline pouty. Instead of throwing a temper tantrum should have stepped up their game. This includes MM.
You re-watched that game? I believe that deserves some type of award.

I also feel the saying "Players Make Plays" really stood out in this game. If our guys could have made the one catch, pick, block, broke one more tackle it could have made a difference? Once again not saying we would have won. wsu seemed to make a play when really needed. If we look back to last season? a lot of the games we won, was because "Players Make Plays". we got that one or two plays to squeak out a win, not so much this season.

Say 3 technique 3 times and you're a ****in' expert on here.
3 technique, 3 technique, 3 technique
tenor.gif

Best 1-5 team I have ever seen.

Suddenly a 1-6 Oregon State team is not inept?

I get some of you guys are annoyed with dumb negativity (fire Mac, etc.), but can we stop the "Oregon State is not a bad team" narrative as well. Come on.

Ah, that big sample size of one overrides the other games. Good to know.

If Oregon State actually shows up in more than that game, my view will change. But the numbers do not lie on that team. They are staring down the barrel of a 1-11 season.

Given the last quote above, have you changed your view that Oregon State is in fact, post-Anderson, perhaps not totally inept given they should have had a W last night vs Stanford?

Given the last quote above, have you changed your view that Oregon State is in fact, post-Anderson, perhaps not totally inept given they should have had a W last night vs Stanford?

Not totally inept, but defense played poorly and I maintain it was not some huge win. Today's win and any wins going forward will be the "good" wins this season.

Inept teams lose close games they "should" win. Hence the inept label.

Not totally inept, but defense played poorly and I maintain it was not some huge win. Today's win and any wins going forward will be the "good" wins this season.

Inept teams lose close games they "should" win. Hence the inept label.
It's semantics, I think.

I don't see any win as a "bad' win. Every win is "good" in my mind.

On the other side, I don't believe in "good" losses. I'm very binary in this.

Winning at OSU was a good day in my book and it made me happy.

At this point, the only week from this season that's really bothering me is the loss at UCLA. I feel like we gave that game away by not finishing drives. This season looks so much different if 6-3 (3-3) instead of 5-4 (2-4). Plus, I really hate the way the Bruins play.

It's semantics, I think.

At this point, the only week from this season that's really bothering me is the loss at UCLA. I feel like we gave that game away by not finishing drives. This season looks so much different if 6-3 (3-3) instead of 5-4 (2-4). Plus, I really hate the way the Bruins play.

To be clear, my intent is merely to say I do not view Oregon State as any sort of turning point. CU was/is the better team and won. Reading too much into that game either way is going overboard IMO.

It's semantics, I think.

This. We are one game off where we thought we would be this season. The difference is losing both the zona and UCLA games. **** UCLA.

Back