What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Kara and Adam Goucher moving back to Boulder, Kara to be coached by CU coaches

AztecBuff

Club Member
Club Member
Not directly related to current CU athletes, but thought I'd forward news I saw on a few running websites that former Buff running great Kara Goucher announced she is moving back to Boulder to continue her career, and will be coached by CU coaches Mark Wetmore and Heather Burroughs. Of course her husband Adam, another great CU X country and track star, is also moving back, but I believe he has retired from competitive running.

Almost exactly this time of year late last year, another former Buff great Jenny Simpson announced she was coming back to Boulder to be coached by the CU coaches, and she followed that up with one of if not her strongest running year's ever (silver medal in the 1500M at the World Championships, etc.) Hope Kara experiences similar success!

An official announcement from Kara here- http://www.karagoucher.com/follow-your-heart/

Again, nothing directly related to CU, but I assume this might help with recruiting as it further displays/ confirms the value that some of America's top athletes place on Coaches Wetmore's and Burroughs’s coaching talents. (Not that much more confirmation is probably needed with all the success they've already helped foster in so many different runners.)

Go Buffs and good luck to the Gouchers in Boulder both professionally and personally!

Note- edited to add Adam and Kara's "Hall of Fame profiles" on the cubuffs website. (These are many years old, so obviously don't say what they've done and accomplished in more recent years):
Adam Goucher's- http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=600&ATCLID=639838&SPID=279&SPSID=4528

Kara (Grgas-Wheeler) Goucher- http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=600&ATCLID=1600480&SPID=260&SPSID=3955

Last edited:
Good news for the Boulder running culture that so many world class runners are returning.

I hope this and the facilities project with the elite testing & training center can be parlayed into a calling card for CU. It will raise up all sports and tie in CU with the community.

Plus, it's just damn cool to have Olympic athletes walking around town.

Last edited:
Back