1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kara and Adam Goucher moving back to Boulder, Kara to be coached by CU coaches

Discussion in 'University of Colorado News and Olympic Sports' started by AztecBuff, Dec 12, 2013.

1. AztecBuff

AztecBuff Club Member Club Member

Not directly related to current CU athletes, but thought I'd forward news I saw on a few running websites that former Buff running great Kara Goucher announced she is moving back to Boulder to continue her career, and will be coached by CU coaches Mark Wetmore and Heather Burroughs. Of course her husband Adam, another great CU X country and track star, is also moving back, but I believe he has retired from competitive running.

Almost exactly this time of year late last year, another former Buff great Jenny Simpson announced she was coming back to Boulder to be coached by the CU coaches, and she followed that up with one of if not her strongest running year's ever (silver medal in the 1500M at the World Championships, etc.) Hope Kara experiences similar success!

An official announcement from Kara here- http://www.karagoucher.com/follow-your-heart/

Again, nothing directly related to CU, but I assume this might help with recruiting as it further displays/ confirms the value that some of America's top athletes place on Coaches Wetmore's and Burroughs’s coaching talents. (Not that much more confirmation is probably needed with all the success they've already helped foster in so many different runners.)

Go Buffs and good luck to the Gouchers in Boulder both professionally and personally!

Note- edited to add Adam and Kara's "Hall of Fame profiles" on the cubuffs website. (These are many years old, so obviously don't say what they've done and accomplished in more recent years):
    Adam Goucher's- http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=600&ATCLID=639838&SPID=279&SPSID=4528

Kara (Grgas-Wheeler) Goucher- http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=600&ATCLID=1600480&SPID=260&SPSID=3955

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
    cmgoods and Creebuzz like this.
  2. Gary Indiana

Gary Indiana Club Member Club Member

Awesome news, thanks for the post. I am sure magnolia road will welcome them back properly!

3. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Good news for the Boulder running culture that so many world class runners are returning.

I hope this and the facilities project with the elite testing & training center can be parlayed into a calling card for CU. It will raise up all sports and tie in CU with the community.

Plus, it's just damn cool to have Olympic athletes walking around town.

4. GoonieBuff

GoonieBuff Not really Club Member

Excellent.

5. AztecBuff

AztecBuff Club Member Club Member

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013