What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Karl Dorrell officially named Colorado HC

No, they have to approve them, and as people have warned lately, perhaps a further shift in the political situation of the BoR will make this a different process, but it's still a rubber stamp thing right now. Hopefully they will have learned their lesson or got it out of their system last go round, but even if the 3 idots grandstand again, it won't make any difference in the end.

I'm sure we have a thread on this-but what regents are up for re-election this year?

The Calhoun hire would be the safe option. I dislike it as much as the next fan but after Mel, administration may wish to push it towards someone like him.

Vic was busy eating a red bird farm chicken his wife made and just got back to his phone. He will catch up soon and realize he is way off.

Screen Shot 2020-02-19 at 9.22.33 PM.png
This site still exists? That blows my mind. Probably haven't checked in 15 years. Who does this?

The Calhoun hire would be the safe option. I dislike it as much as the next fan but after Mel, administration may wish to push it towards someone like him.
Hiring Calhoun would be like waiving the white flag and just admitting that we'll be a small time program from here on out.

Given ADRG's stated aspirations for CU football I just don't see that. He wants to win and he wants a coach that will get us there. I don't think anybody beloved that Calhoun gets us in to contention for PAC12 titles. Safe isn't what ADRG wants.

Idk I actually don’t doubt him

Here's what I thought when word leaked of the Sark interview-it was down to him and Calhoun. RG would go with Sark if he thought Sark was sober enough to handle being the head coach of a power 5 program again. If not, Calhoun would get the offer. I don't think Sarkisian (if its him) would Melvin us-but that could have an impact here. I can get behind Troy Calhoun here. I think he's a damn good football coach and a huge gameday upgrade over anyone we've had since Barnett. Given its Rick George/Lance Carl making this move, they've done their due diligence on Calhoun being able to recruit at the Power 5 level (just as they would have on Sarkisian's alcohol issues or McElwain's Florida exit) and think he can do it. I think he's a guy who can get this program going to bowls consistently-and we've got to start there.

As far as Lombardi's tweet-I'm going to wait for Adam/Brian/Pat (or somebody else who covers CU for a living) to confirm this before I react either way. Troy Calhoun is a name that has been mentioned by the Denver media every single time our job has come open since he's been at Air Force. There's an agenda there.

The Calhoun article in the Gazette was odd. Basically the players saying they were indifferent if he left and they would just simply go about their business.
It did say he told the staff about his interest in the job

The Calhoun article in the Gazette was odd. Basically the players saying they were indifferent if he left and they would just simply go about their business.
It did say he told the staff about his interest in the job
Because the players at AFA arent normal college athletes. This football thing isn't a means to a job, it is an extracurricular.

Not putting a ****ing snake in charge of the CU football program maybe?
Big time college football is not for saints. You need people who are willing to fight for top level talent. MT is gone, but his legacy of implementing processes used by more successful programs remains. Colorado abandons all hope of capitalizing on that momentum by hiring a guy who’s not already adept at signing really good players.

Vic's take could be legit if Sark turned the job down, which definitely could have happened.

Not putting a ****ing snake in charge of the CU football program maybe?
Did we hire a known snake when we hired Mel and just decide to look the other way? Of course not, we hired the guy we thought was the best candidate to lead this program and he turned out to be a bit of a snake - tough s**t that‘s life. Hire the best coach possible and do everything you can to help him be successful and if he leaves, he leaves. If we hire out of fear or settle for a lesser coach so they are less of a flight risk, then we’re letting Tucker f**k us twice.

Back