What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Karl Dorrell officially named Colorado HC

I think Lombardi is reporting based on the same internet garbage we see popping up and not on actual legitimate sources.

Man, if it’s Calhoun or Bielema, I’m gonna be really pissed. We don’t need a guppy to swim with the sharks. We need a shark to swim with the sharks.

Vic's take could be legit if Sark turned the job down, which definitely could have happened.

I think its just as likely RG thought after meeting Sark that he wasn't sober enough to handle being a head coach if Vic is right.

Big time college football is not for saints. You need people who are willing to fight for top level talent. MT is gone, but his legacy of implementing processes used by more successful programs remains. Colorado abandons all hope of capitalizing on that momentum by hiring a guy who’s not already adept at signing really good players.

You don't think Rick George (who you among others told me to trust when he hired that ****ing snake 14 months ago) hasn't probed Troy Calhoun to see if he's got a plan to recruit at this level? I sure do. Like Brent Briggeman said on twitter-Calhoun filled half their class with 3 star guys. At a service academy. Look at that kid from Erie who went to Dartmouth-He was clear about not wanting to go a service academy. Air Force made his top 2 because he was that impressed with Troy Calhoun. If this is the move, I'm going to trust that RG knows what he's doing.

Vic wouldn't be reporting it if he didn't have solid sources.

Couple that with the fact that Calhoun is actually interviewing, when he normally doesn't get this deep in the process -- I think if the offer is real, and there's no reason to doubt Lombardi's report, then Calhoun going to accept it...

I think its just as likely RG thought after meeting Sark that he wasn't sober enough to handle being a head coach if Vic is right.

You don't think Rick George (who you among others told me to trust when he hired that ****ing snake 14 months ago) hasn't probed Troy Calhoun to see if he's got a plan to recruit at this level? I sure do. Like Brent Briggeman said on twitter-Calhoun filled half their class with 3 star guys. At a service academy. Look at that kid from Erie who went to Dartmouth-He was clear about not wanting to go a service academy. Air Force made his top 2 because he was that impressed with Troy Calhoun. If this is the move, I'm going to trust that RG knows what he's doing.
Dude. Wtf are you talking about??

Did we hire a known snake when we hired Mel and just decide to look the other way? Of course not, we hired the guy we thought was the best candidate to lead this program and he turned out to be a bit of a snake - tough s**t that‘s life. Hire the best coach possible and do everything you can to help him be successful and if he leaves, he leaves. If we hire out of fear or settle for a lesser coach so they are less of a flight risk, then we’re letting Tucker f**k us twice.

Melvin wasn't just a flight risk-he sold RG a bill of goods he knew he couldn't back up. Prime example: If I had been RG and Mel had told me I want James Coley and Dan Lanning as my coordinators last year (more than one source has said he made offers to both and got turned down) with the assistant pool he was offered here and still fill eight other spots, I'd have moved on right then and there.

A kid choosing Dartmouth over Air Force is a great example of Calhoun's recruiting ability? We are ****ed.

How about 23 3 star kids going to a service academy? Let me say this with this talk-If Mike Bohn is still here, I'm mocking this hire if it happens and complaining about it just like the rest of you guys. Its not. Given the comments RG has made about how he values recruiting, I'm going to assume he asked Troy Calhoun some pointed questions about how he would recruit at a power 5 level. If he's making Troy Calhoun an offer, I'm going to assume Calhoun had plans that RG thought highly enough of to want to pull the trigger on him as our next coach.

A kid choosing Dartmouth over Air Force is a great example of Calhoun's recruiting ability? We are ****ed.

How about 23 3 star kids going to a service academy? Let me say this with this talk-If Mike Bohn is still here, I'm mocking this hire if it happens and complaining about it just like the rest of you guys. Its not. Given the comments RG has made about how he values recruiting, I'm going to assume he asked Troy Calhoun some pointed questions about how he would recruit at a power 5 level. If he's making Troy Calhoun an offer, I'm going to assume Calhoun had plans that RG thought highly enough of to want to pull the trigger on him as our next coach.

Do I prefer Sarkisian? Yes-I do. Can I get behind Troy Calhoun as our next HC if RG goes that way? Yes-easily.

More than half of those three star players are .80 composite or under meaning they just got generic three star ratings from a recruiting service.

RG/LC are going to take it on faith that the coach at Air Force since 2007 has an actionable recruiting plan for a P5 school to implement in late February? That is the what we are rolling with?
If they hire Calhoun then yes, that’s what they are doing. As I said earlier, it would be the first time I have been extremely disappointed in them

I am not excited about Calhoun, am hoping Lombardi is wrong, but measuring his recruiting abilities at a service academy doesn't compute.

How many 4 and 5 star kids are choosing AF, Army, or Navy?!?!

Did he win? Yes. So can he recruit? absolutely, the football players necessary to be successful at his school.

Probably shouldnt say anything about 23 3* recruits, when they had 2 sign LOIs.

You missed what I was trying to accomplish altogether brosef-you said their recruiting wasn't on rivals or 247. I found that with a google search. Maybe try that before you post? By the way-you don't sign an LOI when you go to a service academy. You sign a non binding agreement to continue the appointment process. See the below link:

You missed what I was trying to accomplish altogether brosef-you said their recruiting wasn't on rivals or 247. I found that with a google search. Maybe try that before you post? By the way-you don't sign an LOI when you go to a service academy. You sign a non binding agreement to continue the appointment process. See the below link:

I forgot that 247 ends at the 50th ranked team and you must press "Load More" being ranked 107th isnt really that great of recruiting is it? 33 recruits, ranked 107th nationally...wow.

I forgot that 247 ends at the 50th ranked team and you must press "Load More" being ranked 107th isnt really that great of recruiting is it?

Or you were too lazy to google Air Force football recruits. Either way. Again, the anti-Calhoun takes on here are mind-boggling to me and frankly flat out lazy. I prefer Sarkisian just like the rest of you, but I'd be just fine if Troy Calhoun come here.

Or you were too lazy to google Air Force football recruits. Either way. Again, the anti-Calhoun takes on here are mind-boggling to me and frankly flat out lazy. I prefer Sarkisian just like the rest of you, but I'd be just fine if Troy Calhoun come here.

The lazy take is Calhoun being prepared to implement a sound recruiting strategy at a P5 school when there is nothing to support the assertion other than faith.

The lazy take is Calhoun being prepared to implement a sound recruiting strategy at a P5 school when there is nothing to support the assertion other than faith.

If you think he's not prepared to implement a Power 5 recruiting strategy, why have at least two SEC programs shown interest in him?

Back