What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Karl Dorrell officially named Colorado HC

All I can say at this point is I hope all these Grinch, Harrel reports are bullsh*t. RG seems like a damn intelligent guy. When the smoke clears I hope its nobody anyone considers and blows us all away. Grinch is a POS and Harrel??? Not impressed. Its like this...Msu got nasty with $$$ and stole a coach away. Go steal a coach with thats better! Gimee a Kalen DeBoer type! Someone who can make an immediate difference. Tucker got a pass as most1st year coaches do BUT his cupboard was plenty good to compete in the Pac. **** Montez under good guidance could have dominated! Take your time, get a f*ckin powerful donor and get after it. Patr where the f*ck are you? Step up its not like you don't have it!

Huh on Grinch and Harrell? Id hire either if theyre interested.

What about someone like Dennis Allen?
Allen is an NFL guy through and through. He also strikes me as being happy in his position right now and only willing to take a great opportunity to move up, which is assuredly not CU. The concern with anyone like him would obviously be recruiting, same with Roman, but I would for sure take their resumes over most of the other names mentioned.

All I can say at this point is I hope all these Grinch, Harrel reports are bullsh*t. RG seems like a damn intelligent guy. When the smoke clears I hope its nobody anyone considers and blows us all away. Grinch is a POS and Harrel??? Not impressed. Its like this...Msu got nasty with $$$ and stole a coach away. Go steal a coach with thats better! Gimee a Kalen DeBoer type! Someone who can make an immediate difference. Tucker got a pass as most1st year coaches do BUT his cupboard was plenty good to compete in the Pac. **** Montez under good guidance could have dominated! Take your time, get a f*ckin powerful donor and get after it. Patr where the f*ck are you? Step up its not like you don't have it!
*Kalen DeBoer enters the chat room*

Please, please hire Grunch. He's a spare DC. OU's defense was not any better last year than any year since Bob Stoops screwed OU bringing Mike back. Yards per.... turnovers, stupid ass penalties, players out of position, being kick out of games, undisciplined.... take him please please.... I beg of Colorado.... you'll love and adhore him much the same way as Chuck Fairb!nks.....

Please, please hire Grunch. He's a spare DC. OU's defense was not any better last year than any year since Bob Stoops screwed OU bringing Mike back. Yards per.... turnovers, stupid ass penalties, players out of position, being kick out of games, undisciplined.... take him please please.... I beg of Colorado.... you'll love and adhore him much the same way as Chuck Fairb!nks.....
giphy.gif

How quickly do you think Chiavarini would get the job if he was an AHC/OC at another P5 school right now? I think he’d get it right away. I think it’s easy to be apprehensive to promote within, but maybe he needs a shot
Never. His OC time was a negative. He's an okay WR coach and good recruiter. If it was gonna happen here this cycle, it would have happened already.

The data say different.

CU is being used by anyone who can have his name associated with our coaching search. Want a raise with your current team? Get your hat into the CU coaching search.

I am really starting to wonder if RG has a clue what he’s doing. Some of the names that come up are pretty far fetched. Does he have a huge list of coaches and closes his eyes and points? We are all over the map
I think RG is handling a real tough situation about as well as could be. He obviously could have sold Sark better but I’m not gonna judge him too harshly.

Here's what I see:

RG is being methodical and smart. He hasn't panicked and just picked someone to get it over with. Assuming that reports were true and he wanted Sark, and didn't get him, that's unfortunate, but who knows what factors led to Sark's decision. He may really like what he has at Alabama and think staying there is better for him personally and for his future. But when we didn't get Sark, he didn't panic and flail about. I have no doubt that we could have gotten Calhoun, or BB or Sparkles if we wanted them, but obviously RG and LC saw things in interviews, or learned things while doing their due diligence, that resulted in us not hiring those guys. We could have easily gotten Chev, heck he probably would have taken a pay cut to get the job, but they obviously didn't think he had it in him at this point in his life. And I think that's great--be smart and don't just pick someone in desperation. The fast way is rarely the smart way in the real world, and RG/LC are obviously being smart.

Will they end up picking the right guy? Heck if I know. But if I were RG's boss, this is exactly the process I would want him to follow.

Why and why not?
Where did either one kill it at any level? You do a wiki on Harrel and its top 26??? Really top 26 in offense? Grinch has done what? Last year was a joke and he was a co at Ohio State for a year. Gee thats tough to f*ck up. Pass on both. Hopefully RG is smarter than this.

Can’t believe how pissed at CU Saban is for us taking Alfano! GET OVER IT NICK!!

Last edited:
Back