What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Karl Dorrell - WR coach Miami Dolphins

Mandel can **** right off with this bull****. He celebrated Tucker's hire at MSU and now comes out with this bull****, the ****ing twat.

The same type of people bashing him were the same types praising the Hawkins hire.

If they had valuable foresight or prescience, they probably wouldn’t be working in the media.

giphy.gif
Tucker was the worst DC for the Bears well maybe ever.
He had no HC experience.
No ties with recruiting areas or the Pac 12.
Has a lot of experience and tree to pull assistants from.
I also trust Dorrell to pick a QB way more than Tucker
Dorrell checks a lot of boxes.

Dorrell wasn't my top pick. He isnt sexy. But given the circumstances I'm actually feeling relieved he is a lot better than what I thought we were falling into.

Tucker was the worst DC for the Bears well maybe ever.
He had no HC experience.
No ties with recruiting areas or the Pac 12.
Has a lot of experience and tree to pull assistants from.
I also trust Dorrell to pick a QB way more than Tucker
Dorrell checks a lot of boxes.

Dorrell wasn't my top pick. He isnt sexy. But given the circumstances I'm actually feeling relieved he is a lot better than what I thought we were falling into.
Both had some career failures.

After KD was a failed coach at UCLA, he has had difficulty rising above position coach for mostly bad offenses. In his one season not as a position coach, KD was a failed OC at Vandy.

MT fell hard at Chicago and promptly became an elite position coach and DC for two of the best programs in college football. He was an elite recruiter. He led a soft Colorado team to a season better than most expected. More importantly, he led is to our best recruiting class in over a decade.

KD was not on anyone’s OC or HC radar this offseason.

After KD was a failed coach at UCLA, he has had difficulty rising above position coach for mostly bad offenses. In his one season not as a position coach, KD was a failed OC at Vandy.

MT fell hard at Chicago and promptly became an elite position coach and DC for two of the best programs in college football. He was an elite recruiter. He led a soft Colorado team to a season better than most expected. More importantly, he led is to our best recruiting class in over a decade.

But was just promoted to be the Dolphins AHC.

After KD was a failed coach at UCLA,

I believe that history has proven this to be untrue. We are talking about UCLA. Not since Bob Toledo has UCLA been relevant in college football. The bright light of historical perspective shows that Dorrell was better UCLA coach than Neuheisel, Mora, or Kelly.

Dorrell didn’t fail at UCLA, he just failed to dethrone Pete Carroll and USC in Los Angeles.

Who cares? We’re not hiring an offensive coordinator.
This is a myopic POV. Coordinators have significant responsibilities for their side of the ball. That means that Miami liked KD but not enough to put him in charge of anything significant. There’s a reason why coordinators are often the sources for coach hires: they have upper level management experience. He hasn’t sniffed an important job in years. When he got one, he sucked.

I believe that history has proven this to be untrue. We are talking about UCLA. Not since Bob Toledo has UCLA been relevant in college football. The bright light of historical perspective shows that Dorrell was better UCLA coach than Neuheisel, Mora, or Kelly.

Dorrell didn’t fail at UCLA, he just failed to dethrone Pete Carroll and USC in Los Angeles.
His record at UCLA was severely mediocre. They only had to play USC once a year. Their inability to recruit well enough and get more than 6 wins in most seasons is why he was fired.

What does that even mean? He understands CU?
The culture. What it takes to get kids to CU. Boulder was probably a bit different for Tucker was used to. Karl will have no problem with that. As a WR coach and OC here before, he probably was a point guy on recruiting like DC is.

This is a myopic POV. Coordinators have significant responsibilities for their side of the ball. That means that Miami liked KD but not enough to put him in charge of anything significant. There’s a reason why coordinators are often the sources for coach hires: they have upper level management experience. He hasn’t sniffed an important job in years. When he got one, he sucked.
He has plenty of upper level management experience throughout a pretty long career. Just because he wasn’t the OC in Miami doesn’t mean much. He seems like a good motivator, mentor and leader from the things that have been posted here from Chev and players in Miami.

He has plenty of upper level management experience throughout a pretty long career. Just because he wasn’t the OC in Miami doesn’t mean much. He seems like a good motivator, mentor and leader from the things that have been posted here from Chev and players in Miami.
It does matter that no one other than Vandy has wanted him to be more than a position coach since he got fired by UCLA over a decade ago.

Well it’s a good thing he’s no longer coaching at a school that has struggled to win regardless of the coach in recent history.

He was 1-4 against USC for what it’s worth and his teams were outscored by a combined 175-79 in those 5 games. Granted USC was a juggernaut and ranked 2,1,1,2,8 in those 5 meetings.

Mel Tucker went to SEC schools with elite defensive coaches as head coaches. He was also db coach at Alabama—-where Nick Saban is known to pay special attention to dbs. Pump the brakes on the elite talk.

And he led that soft CU team to the same record they had the year before.

Mel Tucker went to SEC schools with elite defensive coaches as head coaches. He was also db coach at Alabama—-where Nick Saban is known to pay special attention to dbs. Pump the brakes on the elite talk.

And he led that soft CU team to the same record they had the year before.
He was an elite recruiter. He doesn’t get that job without real credentials.

Colorado had its best recruiting class in a decade under MT. You may not like him, but you’re just making **** up if you think KD’s resume sniffs MT’s.

He was an elite recruiter. He doesn’t get that job without real credentials.

Colorado had its best recruiting class in a decade under MT. You may not like him, but you’re just making **** up if you think KD’s resume sniffs MT’s.
Saban didn’t think highly enough of Tucker to promote him to DC at Bama when Kirby left.

Back