1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Katoa enrolled, Gates not

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by OlyBuff, Jan 14, 2008.

1. OlyBuff

OlyBuff Guest

2. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

Remaining optimistic but not really surprised.

3. 4DemBuffs

4DemBuffs Most admired poster Club Member

so what exactly does this mean for Gates? no chance? next year? possible this year if what is done?:confused:

4. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

God, he (or Saddleback) can't get his paper-work in on time?!

That is more frustrating then anything.... if that turns out to be the case.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2008
  5. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

If Gates doesn't get in this time around, my guess is he is going elsewhere. Probably a Pac 10 school sionce they are on quarters and don't start back until late Jan. Ore. St.?

6. NW Buff

NW Buff Club Member Club Member

No, no, no! You have it all wrong. It is never the player's fault or even their previous school. It is always the CU admissions department and their negative bias towards any football players. :smile2:

7. Highflyer

Highflyer Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Sipili is back on campus. Gates' transcripts need to arrive ASAP. The longer they take, the less likely it is that he will be a buff. There's still a chance PT will be here this week.

8. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

LOL,like this is a big suprise.I don't know who you blame but how is it 1 week ago gates says he has everything and today we have cu admissions saying he's not on their radar?

CU will never be on equal footing with the rest of the big 12 as long as this crap happens year after year after year.

Use the scholly on another de and dt.

9. Cornh8er

Cornh8er Well-Known Member

what are the chances this happens to mohler?

10. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

This kind of thing has happened an awful lot for us, hasn't it? CU just has higher than average standards, for one thing. The one thing I can never figurer out is why, so often, we get into these paper work transfer snafus. I mean, we've had trouble with the Clearinghouse, transcripts, grades getting posted, etc. etc. We sure ain't now kstate.

11. MiamiBuffs

MiamiBuffs Wᴉɐɯᴉ qnɟɟs Club Member

They took all my CC credits and multiplied them by something along the lines of .07 or .06 to assign valuations to them. At least most transfered in. I do recall it taking awhile to get completed. You can't hand deliver the transcripts either. So, if the school in question does not send them promptly than thats an issue of concern.

12. BuckinFuffs

BuckinFuffs Active Member

I think we missed the most important part of this article:

Welcome to Buff-dom Lynn Katoa!

:cool:

13. BuffsIn2008

BuffsIn2008 Guest

Hate to say it, but P.T. seems destined to fill out our "dream backfield" of QB Russell Lovett and FB Kantroy Barber.

14. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

Don't forget Lee Foliaki. The foundation of an awesome dream LB corps that I hope we never complete... :smile2:

15. NW Buff

NW Buff Club Member Club Member

I suspect that paperwork doesn't get in on time because the person involved doesn't get work done on time or doesn't get bills paid or...

While it is easy and convenient to blame the institutions involved, in my experience, it usually comes down to the individual.

Also, while CU does have higher standards than other schools, I do not think that they are particularly high. Perhaps I'm being elitest but I don't think that any of the standards that I've seen are too much to ask players to meet.

Edit: And as MrBuff pointed out... Welcome to Boulder Lynn Katoa :thumbsup:

16. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

Ding ding ding ding!! We have a winner!!!

College transcripts are incredibly easy to get - you just walk into the little office, you ask for your transcript - and biff-o, bamm-o, whamm-o a transcript is printed out. Its a miracle, I tell ya.

Of course, if you haven't paid your tuition, you have University parking tickets, you have books you didn't pay for, etc. or any type of administrative hold, then it is absolutely positively impossible to obtain a transcript until you have resolved those issues.

It is not the responsibility of the University of Colorado to obtain a transcript.

17. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

But aren't there specific methods involved? I imagine a gaining institution can't take a hand carried copy - I think they have to be sent from one school to another, or delivered in a sealed envelope to prevent tempering. This may or may not have come into play with Gates.

That said, it's all very bizarre at this point. Why hasn't all this been resolved already?

18. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

Don't question the Lt. He knows all. :huh:

19. colinski

colinski Member

There are official and unofficial transcripts. Official transcripts can be obtained after a 48 hour waiting period (it's on the window at Regent). His transcripts have to be mailed by Saddleback to CU. Once they arrive, it can take admissions a while (particularly right now), although he 'should' show up in the computer system once they're received (new information 'should' show up when the system updates at the end of the day).

All holds must be released before you can obtain official transcripts, i.e, have paid all your fines. It can take a week to resolve these issues and get your official transcripts sent (some of that is mailing time).

20. colinski

colinski Member

P.S. I was speaking for how CU handles these things. Also, unofficial transcripts are not used to gain admission. From what I recall, the school itself must mail official transcripts through official channels (more time lost) -- it's about getting bona fide documents rather than photoshopped do-it-yourself transcripts, and yes, this happens sometimes (and with a ballplayer, too!).

21. colinski

colinski Member

It's still a little early with Gates, processing can take time. We'll have to wait for the media to tell us what's going on.

There have been other athletes who went though weeks of hell. They suggest that you do this all well ahead of time, because it takes much longer than one would expect.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2008
  22. drew6236

drew6236 Club Member Club Member

Double post

23. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

24. Cornh8er

Cornh8er Well-Known Member

I really hope he gets admitted, this guy is a buff through and through. A lot of guys would of changed schools after they got denied the first time. I like his football talents as well.

25. MiamiBuffs

MiamiBuffs Wᴉɐɯᴉ qnɟɟs Club Member

Sounds to me like Saddleback is on a different calendar than CU is.