1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kearney Joins CU's Men's Basketball Staff

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by cmgoods, Sep 2, 2013.

1. cmgoods

cmgoods Olympic Sports Mod Club Member

Read more...

2. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

Kearney is a solid replacement for Abatemarco. He knows what it takes to be a consistent NCAA Tournament team year in and year out.

3. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I'd actually call it an upgrade. No slight to Coach A. I'm extremely high on Kearney.

4. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

Absolutely. Abatemarco hadn't really been around successful big time men's college basketball in like 20 years before joining CU again. And the personality quirks, while entertaining, were a little questionable in some regards.

I am happy to have Kearney with his decade of experiencing sustained success under Brey.

5. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

Looks like a solid hire to me. Roll Tad.

6. aik

aik Club Member Club Member

Knowing how to act around a perennially successful men's basketball program? Knowing how to coach and recruit at the highest levels should he get moved to an official coaching capacity in the future? Sustaining athletic success at an institution with high academic standards? He's got the goods. Tad is indeed rolling.

7. Buffs@5345'

Buffs@5345' Club Member Club Member

Not going to pretend to know if this is a good hire or not, but it is great to have 'known' personalities looking to come to CU because they want to get on board with Tad.

8. WizzersGhost

WizzersGhost Banned BANNED

Dittoes! Doesn't come with Coach A's "baggage" and has a great rep in the coaching realm. At Holy Cross, he lost the team as a result of a huge change in systems: he tried to install an up-tempo style on a rigidly slow, half-court team.

His selection and his offensive preferences may hint toward a change in CU's offense.