1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'Keeping building' code for 'still not winning' for CU Buffs

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by CarolinaBuff, Nov 2, 2012.

1. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

Didn't see this story posted in the Newsroom or anywhere else.

Truth spoken

http://www.buffzone.com/cu-news/ci_...ding-code-still-not-winning-cu-buffs-football

Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
  2. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I'm glad that at least Thorburn is willing to be critical. Media needs to start taking CU to task. Daily negative articles from every person who covers Buffs football would help us.

3. krom

krom Club Member Club Member

Jizla? Henderson? No chance. The radio honks won't say a word either. Being former players, I am sure any criticism from JK, CJ and Al would be seen by other players as calling out guys on your team to the press. Kudos to McChesney for owning up to the Buffs4Life mistake. That is why this hire sucks so much. CU is eventually going to have to fire guys who bleed Buff colors and love CU.

4. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

I think as CU gets spanked at home over the next 3 weeks, the heat will start to turn up substantially. Losing to USC and Oregon on the road were expected, but Colorado was expected to be, and should be competitive in the final 4 games. When they aren't and CU fans are leaving Folsom a ghost town, it will get people's attention.

5. J.R. Ewing

J.R. Ewing Club Member Club Member

Building? I thought we were still digging that hole.

6. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

It's a very deep foundation.

7. BuffaloChuck

BuffaloChuck Member

I'll argue that point because the Truth was NOT spoken.

Two MONTHS?!! That columnist is a moron. Doesn't he remember Game 1 and Game 2? He should have written "...then after Two GAMES into the season, you can't wait for it to be over" is the truth.

NOT two months.

I can't believe columnists have such incredibly short memories or are so deluded about the facts. Losing to Sac State obviously didn't register with this columnist.

8. whatthebuff

whatthebuff Club Member Club Member

The New Mexico Bowl sounds so dreamy.

9. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

Please define who you mean by "people."

Would it include a lap dog AD who is not authorized to build a facility, nor hire or fire a coach without blessing of the higher ups?

Would it include a chancellor who looks down his nose at football boosters who don't have $50 million to spare?

Would it include a president that is uncomfortable talking about football and has his phone and mail messages screened to a point where he claims he is not hearing anything negative from boosters?

Would it include a former national champion head coach who spearheaded the selection of Embree that preaches patience and is a promise keeper in the steadfast support of one of his own?

Would it include the local media filled with former player shills from the McCartney era?

Would it include regents who campaign on the elimination of the student athletic fee, or who don't equate success on the football field with success of the university?

Would it include the voters, taxpayers and lawmakers who made the state of Colorado 49th in the nation in higher ed funding?

Would it include Broncos fans who focus their attention, energy and money on Manning mania?

Would it include the citizens of the people's republic of Boulder who have a dysfunctional love-hate relationship with the football program and the out-of-town riffraff it attracts?

Would it include the odds makers and national media that already are placing CU as three score underdogs againt everyone in the Pac12, and point out that the Buffs are at or near the bottom of the NCAA stats charts in offense, defense and everything but punting?

Does it include the recruits who would gladly consider offers from almost every other division 1 school before settling for the scholly at CU?

Or does it mainly mean the thousands of Buff fans who haven't been to treated to a bowl game invitation in seven seasons, many who have painfully witnessed, blow by blow, the sure and steady decline of a much loved football program from its greatest heights of national prominance to the historically disasterous dumpster fire of a program we witness today?

Last edited: Nov 3, 2012
    chitownbuff and CUBUFF80 like this.
  10. SBG

SBG Formerly known as EFNMB Club Member Junta Member

Albuquerque may be a dump and the NM bowl isn't the Rose Bowl, but it'd sure be awesome going to it this year getting those extra practice reps and seeing the team I support in a bowl. We are so desperate we'd settle for a "4."

11. Uncle Ken

Uncle Ken Orr no morr Club Member

I'm pretty sure he was serious.