What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Kill or Save - 2008 SEC edition

19 - Ole Miss +1
35 - Georgia -2

DEAD

Florida
Alabama
Tennessee
Arkansas
South Carolina
LSU
Vanderbilt
Kentucky
Mississippi State
Auburn

17 - Ole Miss -2 soon to be on KorS probation, like the rest of the $$$ec
36 - Georgia +1

DEAD

Florida
Alabama
Tennessee
Arkansas
South Carolina
LSU
Vanderbilt
Kentucky
Mississippi State
Auburn

15 - Ole Miss -2 Confederate Flag? Civil war is over, you lost, move on.
37 - Georgia +

DEAD

Florida
Alabama
Tennessee
Arkansas
South Carolina
LSU
Vanderbilt
Kentucky
Mississippi State
Auburn

13 - Ole Miss -2 You're not worthy! You're not worthy!
38 - Georgia +1 By default - only good program left

DEAD

Alabama
Tennessee
Arkansas
South Carolina
LSU
Vanderbilt
Kentucky
Mississippi State
Auburn
Florida

13 - Ole Miss -2 i've never seen a group of "rebels" wearing so many polo shirts
38 - Georgia +1

DEAD

Florida
Alabama
Tennessee
Arkansas
South Carolina
LSU
Vanderbilt
Kentucky
Mississippi State
Auburn

I'm taking CUinDC's reason for Ole Miss, I like it.

11 - Ole Miss -2 i've never seen a group of "rebels" wearing so many polo shirts
39 - Georgia +1

DEAD

Florida
Alabama
Tennessee
Arkansas
South Carolina
LSU
Vanderbilt
Kentucky
Mississippi State
Auburn

12 - Ole Miss +1
37 - Georgia -2

DEAD

Florida
Alabama
Tennessee
Arkansas
South Carolina
LSU
Vanderbilt
Kentucky
Mississippi State
Auburn

DC and I were simulposting above. Score should be 38-10 at this point.

Kinda like a real Georgia/Ole Miss contest...

DC and I were simulposting above. Score should be 38-10 at this point.

Kinda like a real Georgia/Ole Miss contest...

You be correct. Standings reprinted for viewer convenience.

10 - Ole Miss
38 - Georgia

DEAD

Florida
Alabama
Tennessee
Arkansas
South Carolina
LSU
Vanderbilt
Kentucky
Mississippi State
Auburn

08 - Ole Miss -2. Haughty Potty
39 - Georgia +1. Dawg gone good.

DEAD

Florida
Alabama
Tennessee
Arkansas
South Carolina
LSU
Vanderbilt
Kentucky
Mississippi State
Auburn[/QUOTE]

06 - Ole Miss -2 Almost done with this
40 - Georgia +1 Go Dawgs

DEAD

Florida
Alabama
Tennessee
Arkansas
South Carolina
LSU
Vanderbilt
Kentucky
Mississippi State
Auburn

04 - Ole Miss -2 Let me help end this
41 - Georgia +1 Go Dawgs

DEAD

Florida
Alabama
Tennessee
Arkansas
South Carolina
LSU
Vanderbilt
Kentucky
Mississippi State
Auburn

02 - Ole Miss -2 Ok, who is doing it?
42 - Georgia +1 Go Dawgs

DEAD

Florida
Alabama
Tennessee
Arkansas
South Carolina
LSU
Vanderbilt
Kentucky
Mississippi State
Auburn

00 - Ole Miss -2 DEAD
43 - Georgia +1 Go Dawgs

DEAD

Florida
Alabama
Tennessee
Arkansas
South Carolina
LSU
Vanderbilt
Kentucky
Mississippi State
Auburn
Ole Miss

this thread makes me puke, can't stand this overrated conf... they may

be the best conf, but their still overrated.

Re: this thread makes me puke, can't stand this overrated conf... they may

The SEC is a lot of things. Overrated is not one of them.

I'm sorry, but the SEC is wildly overrated. It's the strongest conference in college football no doubt, but there is absolutely no way that it's as good as the press makes it out to be, nor is it 1/1,000th as dominant as your typical SEC follower would have you believe.

SEC basketball this year is pretty poor, Florida young, Kentucky SUCKS, and Tenn is way overrated the only SEC team in the top 25. They get to play the SEC every game

I'm sorry, but the SEC is wildly overrated. It's the strongest conference in college football no doubt, but there is absolutely no way that it's as good as the press makes it out to be, nor is it 1/1,000th as dominant as your typical SEC follower would have you believe.

The Southeastern Conference had 263 players on the 2007 National Football League opening day active rosters, which led all conferences.

The Atlantic Coast Conference was second with 238 players, followed by the Big Ten with 234 players, Pac-10 with 183 players, Big 12 with 176 players and the Big East with 84 players.

Among SEC schools, Georgia was first with 37 former players on NFL rosters, followed by Tennessee with 36, LSU with 33, Florida with 31 and Auburn with 30. Alabama had 21 players on NFL rosters, while South Carolina had 19, Ole Miss and Mississippi State had 17 each, Arkansas had 12, Kentucky six and Vanderbilt with five.

The SEC had five of its schools with 30-or-more-players on NFL rosters. No other conference had two.

Nationally, Miami (Fla.) leads with 46 former players on NFL rosters, followed by Ohio State with 44, Florida State with 41, Tennessee with 36 and Georgia with 35.

The lists do not include players who were not on opening day rosters and since been activated.

Crack smoker. The SEC, from top to bottom, is playing the best football in the land. Hands down.

How can somebody in one breath say the SEC is the best conference and in the next breath say it's wildly overrated?

:huh:

BTW - I don't think the SEC is overrated. It's a very good conference. However, I think the Big 12 is a close second. The Indy Bowl was a microcosm of the two conferences.

How can somebody in one breath say the SEC is the best conference and in the next breath say it's wildly overrated?

:huh:

BTW - I don't think the SEC is overrated. It's a very good conference. However, I think the Big 12 is a close second. The Indy Bowl was a microcosm of the two conferences.

Something/someone can be very good/the best AND overrated.

Example: "I think Tom Brady is the best QB in the NFL, but not as good as most people think he is."

Last edited:
Can it be the BEST and be overrated?

Of course. Actually, you can also be the best and rather poor.

See my edit for an example ... the Pats were the best team in the NFL over the course of the season (yes, I know they lost to the Giants) but they weren´t the best ever although many people thought so ... hence, the Pats were overrated.

Of course. Actually, you can also be the best and rather poor.

See my edit for an example ... the Pats were the best team in the NFL over the course of the season (yes, I know they lost to the Giants) but they weren´t the best ever although many people thought so ... hence, the Pats were overrated.

This is going to devlolve into a discussion of semantics, but what the hey...

I think that by definition, anthing that is regarded as the best cannot be overrated. The rating of "The Best" marks it as superior to all others, and thus can't be "More best". It's already at the peak. Now to use the Patriots/Brady example, they were regarded as the best until it was proven otherwise. Up until the point where they lost the Superbowl, it would be ludicrous to say they were overrated.

Back to the SEC for a moment - for the last couple years, the SEC has pretty much dominated in their bowl games. Bowl games are, unfortunately, the only measuring stick we can use to gauge the strength of a conference. But, until proven otherwise (presumably via next years' bowl games), the SEC is regarded as the best athletic conference in the country. Saying somebody or something is the best is already placing it at the height of it's ranking. It doesn't get better than "Best". You can't overrate the Best. You can claim it really isn't the best, and then back up that argument with other facts. But to say something is the best, yet overrated is a contradiction.

of course you can. nobody is going to argue that the sec is the best conference there is right now, but in ralphie´s opinion, it isn´t as good as most people think it is ... which makes it overrated. being the best doesn´t automatically make you good, either ... it all depends on the angle you view things from.

of course you can. nobody is going to argue that the sec is the best conference there is right now, but in ralphie´s opinion, it isn´t as good as most people think it is ... which makes it overrated. being the best doesn´t automatically make you good, either ... it all depends on the angle you view things from.

The way things are rated is from worst to best. (or best to worst, whichever way you choose to look at things). To overrate something is to rank it higher than it deserves. You can claim that the SEC is not the best, but then you'd have to show why some other conference is better.

If the SEC is overrated, that implies that there is another conference that's better.

Back