What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

KJSU @ Louisiana

I agree about Bama, I just wasn't impressed with them today, btu maybe a letdown and they did roll late.

As far as LSU, they haven't impressed me. They struggled against a Washington team that went 0-12 last year and then struggled with Vandy today who is the equivelent of CU in the Big 12. I think LSU gets rolled by the bigger teams in the SEC.
Miles is 44 -11 at LSU with a National Championship and a SEC championship. He has never lost a bowl game or a non conference game since he's been at LSU. His worst season has been 8 -5. CU would sell it's soul to the devil for an 8 -5 season. Correct me if I'm wrong , but didn't Vandy go 7 - 6 last year, beat Ole Miss in Oxford 23 - 17 and won their bowl game against BC? And you say they are the equivelent of CU? Come on man, ISU and KSU are the equivelent of CU, not Vandy - they would roll all 3 of those Big 12 North teams.

Last edited:
Hey don't crap on this cajuns parade! At least I can take some solace in knowing UL-L is 2-0 right now.
I'm from Lafayette - I'm proud as hell of the Ragin Cajuns. Beat LSU in football - never. This is their biggest win since they beat Texas A&M in Lafayette. I hate that name change, the Ragin Cajuns will always be University of Southwestern Louisiana to me.

Last edited:
I'm from Lafayette - I'm proud as hell of the Ragin Cajuns. Beat LSU in football - never. This is their biggest win since they beat Texas A&M in Lafayette. I hate that name change, the Ragin Cajuns will always be University of Southwestern Louisiana to me.

I was at that game. That was a huge win. A&M had no clue how to stop Brian Mitchell, and if we can beat A&M then we can beat LSU damn it. Never say Never!!!!

Bama is very good, better than LSU. I thought they were due for a letdown this year, but I think they could seriously challenge Florida for the SEC title. Their front seven is scary.

Bama is very good, better than LSU. I thought they were due for a letdown this year, but I think they could seriously challenge Florida for the SEC title. Their front seven is scary.
Thing is with Saban, you never know when the down comes. He had a history of that at MSU, LSU, and Bama last year in the Sugar bowl. He is a damn good coach, and they do have a better team than LSU.

I was at that game. That was a huge win. A&M had no clue how to stop Brian Mitchell, and if we can beat A&M then we can beat LSU damn it. Never say Never!!!!
I read where they had over 40,000 for the Southern game last week.

I read where they had over 40,000 for the Southern game last week.

Yeah we were actually in town during that game. A big part of that had to do with the LSU game being on late and in Washington though. Had that been a home game or earlier I don't think as many would have shown up. That said, rumor has it the team is pretty good this year. I need to find away to make a game this year.

Miles is 44 -11 at LSU with a National Championship and a SEC championship. He has never lost a bowl game or a non conference game since he's been at LSU. His worst season has been 8 -5. CU would sell it's soul to the devil for an 8 -5 season. Correct me if I'm wrong , but didn't Vandy go 7 - 6 last year, beat Ole Miss in Oxford 23 - 17 and won their bowl game against BC? And you say they are the equivelent of CU? Come on man, ISU and KSU are the equivelent of CU, not Vandy - they would roll all 3 of those Big 12 North teams.

I'm talking academically and historically. Vandy has had a couple decent years, but they are not world beaters. They get the same type of athletes as CU because of academics.

BTW, LSU is down this year, they will still get rolled by the big time sec schools.

Last edited:
LSU love em or hate em, is always going to be a quality program. Even with the Saints in N.O. LSU is first in the hearts of the fans down there and they have high expectations. They fill that stadium and pay for the privlege. They may have occasional down years (by their standards) but unlike a lot of schools (CU included) are willing and able to put up the money to change things if they don't like what is going on.

This may be an off year for LSU but they still will end up in the upper half of the SEC.

They also play some pretty good HS football down there. LSU and some of the other top SEC schools pick off most of the top talent along with occasionally a Texas school. That still leaves some pretty good players to fill up the Sun Belt schools. They may not be at the level of the other BCS level conferences but they play some fun football to watch and develop some pretty good ballplayers.

LSU love em or hate em, is always going to be a quality program. Even with the Saints in N.O. LSU is first in the hearts of the fans down there and they have high expectations. They fill that stadium and pay for the privlege. They may have occasional down years (by their standards) but unlike a lot of schools (CU included) are willing and able to put up the money to change things if they don't like what is going on.

This may be an off year for LSU but they still will end up in the upper half of the SEC.

They also play some pretty good HS football down there. LSU and some of the other top SEC schools pick off most of the top talent along with occasionally a Texas school. That still leaves some pretty good players to fill up the Sun Belt schools. They may not be at the level of the other BCS level conferences but they play some fun football to watch and develop some pretty good ballplayers.

I agree LSU is always gonna be quality, thats not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is they haven't impressed me through two games and I think they will get into trouble in the meat of their schedule. I do think they will be back, but they are "down" this year.

I agree LSU is always gonna be quality, thats not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is they haven't impressed me through two games and I think they will get into trouble in the meat of their schedule. I do think they will be back, but they are "down" this year.
They will probably go 9 - 3 or 8 -4, if you want to call that a down year.
Think that record sounds damn good to a CU fan? Then again you never know what is going to happen in Tiger stadium on a Saturday night.

Last edited:
They will probably go 9 - 3 or 8 -4, if you want to call that a down year.
Think that record sounds damn good to a CU fan? Then again you never know what is going to happen in Tiger stadium on a Saturday night.

I would love to have LSU's "down" year, never said I didn't. Still don't get why you are bringing CU into this.

The 4 for sure losses I see for LSU are: @UGA, Florida, @ Bama, and @ Ole Miss.

Well they better turn it on then. They have looked like **** against two mediocre teams so far. The only really one I see them having a chance in those 4 is Georgia. All the other they lose for sure IMO.

Based on the first 2 weeks alone your argument is a good one, but I just think that after Florida, the next tier of teams are all pretty close - Bama, LSU, Ole Miss, and UGA.

I would love to have LSU's "down" year, never said I didn't. Still don't get why you are bringing CU into this.

The 4 for sure losses I see for LSU are: @UGA, Florida, @ Bama, and @ Ole Miss.
Your'e the one who brought CU into this - do you remember saying Vandy is the equivalent of CU. No way - Vandy would absolutely destroy CU. The difference in team speed is huge. They would leave CU in the dust. The SEC is hands down the best conference in college football. It isn't even close. There are maybe 4 Big 12 teams that could survive in the SEC, and none of them are from the North. I'll be back later about the 4 for sure losses, after the games have been played.

Last edited:
I'm talking academically and historically. Vandy has had a couple decent years, but they are not world beaters. They get the same type of athletes as CU because of academics.

BTW, LSU is down this year, they will still get rolled by the big time sec schools.
If your'e talking historically, why did you post "Vandy today who is the equivelent of CU in the Big 12"?

Your'e the one who brought CU into this - do you remember saying Vandy is the equivalent of CU. No way - Vandy would absolutely destroy CU. The difference in team speed is huge. They would leave CU in the dust. The SEC is hands down the best conference in college football. It isn't even close. There are maybe 4 Big 12 teams that could servive in the SEC, and none of them are from the North. I'll be back later about the 4 for sure losses, after the games have been played.

Hey man, I think you misunderstood what I was talking about. I am not talking about Vandy being equivelent to CU on the field. When I said they are equivelent to CU in the Big 12, I meant they are the good academic team that struggles to get the top talent like CU because of academics. I am not talking about on the field.

And lets not kid ourselves for one, take a way the last 5 years and CU has a much better history than Vandy on the field even, btu thats besides the point. Vandy just went to their fiirst bowl since '82.

Anyway, about the SEC, I agree 100% with you about that confrence. It is awesome. My main point is I think LSU is "down" this year, and they could easily lose 4 or 5 games. Now, put LSU in the Big 12, and they would challenge Texas for the title. It just seems like you are arguing with me when I agree with you. Just wanted to get it straight.

Last edited:
Hey man, I think you misunderstood what I was talking about. I am not talking about Vandy being equivelent to CU on the field. When I said they are equivelent to CU in the Big 12, I meant they are the good academic team that struggles to get the top talent like CU because of academics. I am not talking about on the field.

And lets not kid ourselves for one, take a way the last 5 years and CU has a much better history than Vandy on the field even, btu thats besides the point. Vandy just went to their fiirst bowl since '82.

Anyway, about the SEC, I agree 100% with you about that confrence. It is awesome. My main point is I think LSU is "down" this year, and they could easily lose 4 or 5 games. Now, put LSU in the Big 12, and they would challenge Texas for the title. It just seems like you are arguing with me when I agree with you. Just wanted to get it straight.
I did misunderstand you, sorry.

77, quit using the ****ing red, man. Try blue, or bold, or italics.

Back