1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lacrosse hosting Stanford (started at noon)

Discussion in 'University of Colorado News and Olympic Sports' started by AztecBuff, Apr 5, 2015.

1. AztecBuff

AztecBuff Club Member Club Member

Assume this match is nearing completion, but I'm watching the game on DVR, so will be exiting this thread as soon as I post this to not hear the final score. However,Buffs were doing well with ~10 minutes left in the 1st half (where I'm at in my DVR delay), and were up 8-7 (although Stanford had scored last 2 goals) against the ranked Cardinal.

Being televised on at least some of the Pac 12 networks.

Live stats link I assume available from via link at http://www.cubuffs.com/liveStats/liv...&DB_OEM_ID=600 .

2. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

13-12 good gals at 16:26

3. Buffnik

13-15 at 12:54.

Couple very sloppy turnovers bit the Buffs

4. AztecBuff

AztecBuff Club Member Club Member

Stanford ends up with a 16-14 win in spite of the great effort by the Buffs.

Stanford's started a more intense hassling full-field defense that made it hard for the Buffs to even get the ball to their offensive half of the field in the 2nd half of the 2nd half. This caused many forced turnovers, and there were also a couple (relatively) unforced turnovers and fouls when the Buffs did start their offense that also proved VERY costly. Overall though, a fun close game to watch, and great to see the Buffs competing hard and well against top teams in only their 2nd year as a team, a team filled with sophomores and freshmen.

Buffs- go and take it to those Southern California teams (USC and San Diego State, both 4-0 in conference right now) on the road next week!

5. Buffnik

Fun time at the game today. Buffs are really improving. Wasn't close against Stanford last year and this one was back & forth the whole way until Stanford's length and the lacrosse equivalent of a hockey neutral zone trap finally caused too many problems for the Buffs.