What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Ladies and gentlemen, the Prime effect

What we are seeing is the playing out of what we have always said about football and the value to the university. Yes Coach Prime helps but the value of this program to CU right now, and always should have been, is almost not measurable on the high side.

2 national televised games in a row in one of the most watched time slots in college football. One of those at home where we will showcase the beauty of the area and campus.

Every talking head in the country mentioning CU. Any in nothing but glowing terms. Talk about recruiting a recruiting tool for the general student population. Wait until we see application numbers.

Not to mention the affinity advertisers and companies show with investments and dollars coming into CU. The revenue boon for local businesses and hospitality venues (hotels and restaurants).

Merch and licensing and now NIL for the athletes.

This took Todd Saliman to understand but this has always been available to CU. I am so glad to get to see the second shining period in CU (was there from 85-90 as a student). It has always been there waiting, sleeping, waiting. The giant is now away and this thing is going to roll and grow like the runaway snowball heading downhill.

Go Buffs!
and the report from 247 that the TCU recruits that were visiting that weeeknd were actually gravitating to the CU sidelines during the game.

I wasn't there, but if that is accurate. that means that the environment of the CU sidelines must have been magnetic compared to TCU.

and the report from 247 that the TCU recruits that were visiting that weeeknd were actually gravitating to the CU sidelines during the game.

I wasn't there, but if that is accurate. that means that the environment of the CU sidelines must have been magnetic compared to TCU.
What I heard Neely say is that when Prime was walking around the field before the game, that they started following him on his walk back toward the CU sideline.

Another narrative that is in danger of being blown up is that Coach Prime will leave behind a dumpster fire of a program.

Let's look at Jackson State. They had much of their coaching staff, training staff and other personnel follow Coach Prime. They also had an unprecedented number of players leave the team (number of FCS to FBS and NFL was shocking). Follow this closely this season. Jackson State won its opener 37-7 with the stadium at 97% of capacity.

As Coach Prime said (paraphrasing), he turned the light on and it's set up for the university to do its job by keeping it on.

Another narrative that is in danger of being blown up is that Coach Prime will leave behind a dumpster fire of a program.

Let's look at Jackson State. They had much of their coaching staff, training staff and other personnel follow Coach Prime. They also had an unprecedented number of players leave the team (number of FCS to FBS and NFL was shocking). Follow this closely this season. Jackson State won its opener 37-7 with the stadium at 97% of capacity.

As Coach Prime said (paraphrasing), he turned the light on and it's set up for the university to do its job by keeping it on.
Where is he going to go right now? I believe that he loves these kids that he brought in. They happen to be the same age as his children. He isn't going anywhere for a few years. That is all noise.

Look at A&M before Johnny Manziel showed up and look at them now. At they very least they parlayed that momentum they had at the time into a **** ton of donations and a new stadium and I think that has to be the goal here also. Parlay the momentum and increased revenue we’re seeing right now into something that helps the program long term by upgrading your infrastructure so you have something tangible to show for it when he’s gone.

I don’t know if there is a specific haters thread, but this guy from the Dallas Morning News thinks the biggest story from yesterday was that Prime was rude to Ed Werder. He also tries to make some point about CU hiring black coaches and somehow missed the first two we hired. The laziness of the haters is pretty astonishing at times.

Free recruiting visit. hahahahahaha. Love it.

Don't forget that the team they beat, South Carolina State, was the team that curb stomped them in the Celebration bowl in '21.

I don’t know if there is a specific haters thread, but this guy from the Dallas Morning News thinks the biggest story from yesterday was that Prime was rude to Ed Werder. He also tries to make some point about CU hiring black coaches and somehow missed the first two we hired. The laziness of the haters is pretty astonishing at times.
Texas snobbery

No one knows how many years CP is going to be here. But one thing CU absolutely need to do, is to turn the program from "resource poor" to "resource rich" when CP is here. If he is here for no less than 3 years, CU has the chance to do so.

That said, anyone who is not dumb can see what kind of marketing effect CP can bring to the university. When someone comes to poach him, I hope CU is not dumb enough to treat it as "AD" only matter. The university as a whole need to try its absolutely best to keep CP.

That said, anyone who is not dumb can see what kind of marketing effect CP can bring to the university. When someone comes to poach him, I hope CU is not dumb enough to treat it as "AD" only matter. The university as a whole need to try its absolutely best to keep CP.
Did you see the new commercial for CU as a University during the game? Everything was “Prime”. Prime location, Prime research, Prime campus, Prime academics, Prime faculty, etc. No mention of athletics until the end when they had a shot of Coach Prime at the Spring Game.

The University is fully behind him and fully leveraging the eyeballs he has brought. It’s this kind of thing why I think he’s here for the long haul. CU as an institution has checked its ego and unabashedly allowed him to be himself and more than just a football coach, IMO

Did you see the new commercial for CU as a University during the game? Everything was “Prime”. Prime location, Prime research, Prime campus, Prime academics, Prime faculty, etc. No mention of athletics until the end when they had a shot of Coach Prime at the Spring Game.

The University is fully behind him and fully leveraging the eyeballs he has brought. It’s this kind of thing why I think he’s here for the long haul. CU as an institution has checked its ego and unabashedly allowed him to be himself and more than just a football coach, IMO
I'm not worried about how long he'll stay. He'll be here for Shilo, Shedeur and Travis for sure. He's also very likely to stay until the end of his contract since that's was his history as a player. Beyond that, it comes down to whether he feels like CU is keeping up its end of the bargain (particularly after RG retires) and whether he personally feels that coaching at CU is still his calling. Shrug. I'll just enjoy the ride and pressure CU to do everything within reason to use this opportunity to build an elite program infrastructure that isn't so reliant on Coach Prime while they do everything within reason to make this the place where Coach Prime is happy building his masterpiece long term.

I don’t disagree with the sentiment, but JSU is currently down 28-0 at halftime to FAMU so way to bwalk this one Nik!!!

They need to get Snelson to help out on those commercials, it could've been done much better, lol. Good idea, but the execution was off

One of the TCU CBs was almost in tears when he talked to CP after the game because I assume he was just so star struck in the moment.

Either that or he realized he was stuck in Fort Worth until at least January.

Sherrington is trash. Dallas Morning News' answer to Jizla.

Yep! On the other side...

A lot of guys stayed after Prime left but a lot bailed after the spring game, especially all of the impact players. Truth is, Prime brings a lot to make players forget this is a severely underfunded HBCU.

That said, CU should be able to maintain but the obvious is obvious. Give Prime a massive contract. It's better with him, than without him

Yep! On the other side...

A lot of guys stayed after Prime left but a lot bailed after the spring game, especially all of the impact players. Truth is, Prime brings a lot to make players forget this is a severely underfunded HBCU.

That said, CU should be able to maintain but the obvious is obvious. Give Prime a massive contract. It's better with him, than without him
$17-$18mm per year for Prime to divide as he sees fit between himself, assistant coaches, and support staff. Vamos

Back