What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Ladies and gentlemen, the Prime effect

We should ask prime to get the school to start making "yellow gold" gear again. If he demands it then it will happen. The towels in the student section looked so good on TV and I remember when our whole stadium looked like that.
The junta will use our direct line to coach Prime and ask just that.

The coverage we are getting this week is more than I’ve ever seen. This doesn’t happen

This is legitimately the biggest story in sports

I literally can't keep up with everything coming out. The tweets, media coverage, YouTube videos, etc. It's non-stop. I used to be able to check in a few times a week to get all caught up on Buffs news. Best Tuesday practice ever...OL coach sells VHS tapes...best players transfer to USC or Oregon...another blowout loss. Those days are over. This is better.

We should ask prime to get the school to start making "yellow gold" gear again. If he demands it then it will happen. The towels in the student section looked so good on TV and I remember when our whole stadium looked like that.
Agreed. Everyone does a blackout or whiteout, but I’ve always thought a “Gold Rush” theme would make sense for us.

DAMN!! This shiat is unbelievable. The 60 Minutes season premier! How many UMC households do you think will be tuned in to that? Donations to the general fund could soar through the roof.
This will be his second “60 Minutes” feature within the last two years. For me, that interview was the glimpse I needed to see to get an idea about how big this could be. I actually thought that someone else would see it from a bigger program and make it impossible for us. Todd Saliman opening the gates and giving RG the ammo necessary to get Prime is proving to be one of the shrewdest moves in history.

This will be his second “60 Minutes” feature within the last two years. For me, that interview was the glimpse I needed to see to get an idea about how big this could be. I actually thought that someone else would see it from a bigger program and make it impossible for us. Todd Saliman opening the gates and giving RG the ammo necessary to get Prime is proving to be one of the shrewdest moves in history.
This was 100% the case for me too. Seeing the first feature got me super intrigued and caused me to dig a lot deeper in to the man I had only really known as Prime Time previously. I was quickly all in.

The coverage we are getting this week is more than I’ve ever seen. This doesn’t happen

This is legitimately the biggest story in sports
Remember when Kansas won 4 games last year and they were suddenly the darlings of college football? This is like that but multiplied by 1000.

Not sure where to post this, but there is an article on the ESPN site about "what other coaches think?

This is a snippet of it, and I did not think about it at all, and then I thought about the race of the 3 coaches of ours that were called out...

Screenshot 2023-09-15 at 3.48.40 PM.png

They likely mentioned more coaches, but it was just funny how these three were top of mind.

Not sure where to post this, but there is an article on the ESPN site about "what other coaches think?

This is a snippet of it, and I did not think about it at all, and then I thought about the race of the 3 coaches of ours that were called out...

View attachment 64836

They likely mentioned more coaches, but it was just funny how these three were top of mind.

The loud black guys are figureheads but the smart white guys are really putting in the cerebral work. Uh huh…..

View attachment 64836

This is why I'm so impressed with Prime. He knows how to be an effective CEO. Sell himself, sell the program, hire smart people, set a standard and a vision. And obviously enough football acumen to jump in when he sees **** he doesn't agree with.

It's also why I'm not worried about the staff getting promotions elsewhere each year. He is just going to keep going out and finding damn good coaches.

I think that this week is a strong showing that the “prime is only here for a year or two” talk is way overblown. He’s showing that Boulder can be just as “large market” media-wise as Ohio State, Alabama, USC and Michigan. That’s one brick in the foundation. If he can get the big guys he needs in the trenches to win the natty to come to CU there’s really no reason for him to go anywhere else in college football unless he just gets bored or feels a calling to somewhere else ala Coach Mac.

This is why I'm so impressed with Prime. He knows how to be an effective CEO. Sell himself, sell the program, hire smart people, set a standard and a vision. And obviously enough football acumen to jump in when he sees **** he doesn't agree with.

It's also why I'm not worried about the staff getting promotions elsewhere each year. He is just going to keep going out and finding damn good coaches.
Prime has an insane network in the coaching ranks at all levels of football. As long as Colorado gives him the resources he needs, we will always have great coaches under him.

Back