1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Last play of the first half

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by DBT, Oct 19, 2008.

1. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Wispy pointed this out to me. The ball was caught by a fan with still :01 left on the clock. We got SCREWED!

2. jrod212

jrod212 Member

officiating was horrendous this game. it is most games though so....

3. RalphieMalph

RalphieMalph Well-Known Member

Regardless of whether there should have been time left or not, that was a monumentally stupid play call. Ron Prince outdid himself on that example of unbelievable clock mismanagement.

4. Buttermaker

Buttermaker Active Member

I just watched that and paused it. Clock is still on :01 when he has the ball. Hawk tried to point it out to the ref but they weren't listening.

5. HuskerHater

HuskerHater Club Member Club Member

It might have been the best missed call all game. With one second left we would have tried a field goal. At this point I think KSU had a better shot at a blocked field goal return than we had at making a field goal.

6. wsp4820

wsp4820 Sally Club Member Junta Member

No, we could have thrown to the endzone once... :smile2:

7. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

Hawkins was satisfied with the personal foul call following the cheap shot on Josh Smith on the punt return. That hit was nasty. Hawkins clearly said "Oh my God!" Then he yelled at the ref, "Get him out of here." That hit could have resulted in a major injury. I hate to see that kind of undisciplined play and have to agree with Hawkins on that one.

8. Idot Buff

Idot Buff Club Member Club Member

Hawkins wanted the KSU player ejected for the hit...that is what he was yelling at the ref..

9. The Guest

The Guest Guest

On the topic of officiating:

-I thought that Smith was mauled downfield on that last 4th down. That could have clinched the game without making me sweat more than necessary.

-It was my observation that Speedy was victim of a significant facemask on that last offensive series. The call would also have clinched the game a bit earlier.

-Did anybody else notice that the crew gave Josh Freeman and the Cats the Clete Blakeman treatment on their last series? After the penalty, the ref wound the clock. The Cats looked surprised that they were running out of time.

If I remember correctly from the ISU game last year, the decision to wind the clock is the perogative of the crew, but it's my observation that they usually wait for the snap. Last night's call was consistent with the ISU fiasco (the last one...not the second-to-last where the crew lollygagged to set the ball).

Just an observation. Can anybody provide feedback?

10. Buffarino

Buffarino Math - how does it work? Club Member

Prince's reaction to that hit made me sick. He had no reaction whatsoever. Like it was business as usual.

11. 96 Buff

96 Buff Resident Commie Bastard Club Member Junta Member

There was contact, but no mauling. Decent non-call.

It looked like it full speed, but it wasn't a facemask. The defender made a clean tackle.

The refs started the clock after an offensive penalty, which is the rule. This is so teams don't take a false start on purpose to stop the clock.

12. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

That play and his reaction made me confident that the legacy of Dennis Erickson is alive and well in the NCAA...:huh:

13. Jens1893

Jens1893 Moderator Club Member Junta Member

They missed 2 blatant holding calls. One on KSU´s first drive and one on their last, I think.

14. The Guest

The Guest Guest

Thank you.

15. InTheBuff

InTheBuff Club Member Club Member

oh they missed at least two more holding calls....:sad2:
    the section I sit in heard my displeasure-

16. Buffarino

Buffarino Math - how does it work? Club Member

I already knew Prince was crazy, but now I know he's an asshole, too.:pissed3: