What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Leavitt to FSU (or not - UO backs up a Brinks truck)

Too bad resident Dish Billionaire Charley Ergen or CU philanthropist Phillip Anschutz don’t have hard-ons for CU football like Pickens does for okie lite or Knight does for quack.
Ergen is a Tennessee Grad but is tight with his money (brown bags his lunch every day). Anschutz is a Kansas Grad and supports their Athletics a little but. He is all in on the Medical campus but mostly because of its importance to Denver - he is less enthusiastic about CU in general.

Ergen is a Tennessee Grad but is tight with his money (brown bags his lunch every day). Anschutz is a Kansas Grad and supports their Athletics a little but. He is all in on the Medical campus but mostly because of its importance to Denver - he is less enthusiastic about CU in general.

Haha, that's pathetic if he's really that tight with his money that he brown bags his lunches just to spend less. Having worked for him in the past, I know that he has no problem spending his company's money on extravagant personal expenses, like it's his own personal piggy bank. If he's really that stingy with his own money just because it's his own, then man... He is literally a real life Scrooge. Also, I can confirm what the other guy said about him being a douchebag. And a raging hypocrite. One of Dish's company mottos is "spend company money like it's your own" (or something. meaning don't waste the company's money). Yet he sends the corporate jet to pick up his friends and family when going on vacation...

TL: DR - **** Charlie Ergen

Last edited:
Since you don't run in the same circles as me and G, I don't feel comfortable sharing any info I have.
I vaguely remember hearing a rumor Solich got his feelings hurt when Bohn made the MacIntyre hire without fully consulting him. Is there some semblance of truth there or am I way off? I would think RG being a shrewd AD would never burn a major donor bridge so maybe he gives more discreetly.

I vaguely remember hearing a rumor Solich got his feelings hurt when Bohn made the MacIntyre hire without fully consulting him. Is there some semblance of truth there or am I way off? I would think RG being a shrewd AD would never burn a major donor bridge so maybe he gives more discreetly.
I always thought it was more like him not liking his name going so public with all the rumors he was going to donate a huge amount, like $100,000,000, when the sale of his company happened.

I always thought it was more like him not liking his name going so public with all the rumors he was going to donate a huge amount, like $100,000,000, when the sale of his company happened.
Is that what it was? I am very hazy on the details of the fallout. Well, if there was one.

Doesn't Elon Musk's brother live in Boulder and own a couple restaurants here? That should be good for a 9-figure donation one of these days.
His step-sister is a senior now at CU as well. He doesn't come off as a huge sports fan to me though...

I always felt like George wanted to be the head personnel guy for the buffs just like his good buddy John Elway was for the Broncos. And we know how that's been working out.....

I always felt like George wanted to be the head personnel guy for the buffs just like his good buddy John Elway was for the Broncos. And we know how that's been working out.....
Oh, you mean that Super Bowl thing?

The Broncos roster (overall) is still quite good, except for QB and RT. NFL is designed to create roster gaps/parity with free agency. PFM riding into the sunset and the likes of Malik Jackson, Danny Trevathan, etc. moving on hasn’t helped.

Stay on target folks.

Apparently Leavitt's contract extension/raise still includes the $0 buyout for KjSU, and the crypt keeper still hasn't "decided" if he'll coach beyond the bowl game.

I have a duck fan in my office.

The schadenfreude is already flowing as he's convinced mediocrity is inevitable. If they were to lose Leavitt in January after this ride, well... let's just say that his dejection every time he saw me would be glorious.

Stay on target folks.

Apparently Leavitt's contract extension/raise still includes the $0 buyout for KjSU, and the crypt keeper still hasn't "decided" if he'll coach beyond the bowl game.

I have a duck fan in my office.

The schadenfreude is already flowing as he's convinced mediocrity is inevitable. If they were to lose Leavitt in January after this ride, well... let's just say that his dejection every time he saw me would be glorious.

As much as I would love to vicariously enjoy that Duck fan's fears and anxieties, as long as Uncle Phil is around, he'll be spending serious cash to avoid anything resembling Duck mediocrity.

Solich is still a big donor and committed to CU, but he has always contended that he did not want to be "THE" donor. He did not get his feelings hurt but he did not like how he was paraded around when they interviewed Butch Jones. And no he does not want to be the head personnel guy - just the opposite - he wants CU AD to be sustainable.

In reality, he has been pretty consumed with growing Four Points Energy which he founded in 2013 after the selling of Cordillera.

Solich is still a big donor and committed to CU, but he has always contended that he did not want to be "THE" donor. He did not get his feelings hurt but he did not like how he was paraded around when they interviewed Butch Jones. And no he does not want to be the head personnel guy - just the opposite - he wants CU AD to be sustainable.

In reality, he has been pretty consumed with growing Four Points Energy which he founded in 2013 after the selling of Cordillera.
Yeah. I thought his ideas went more along the lines of things like getting 50 big donors together to each put in a half million to 2 million bucks into a donation kitty, buy CU a university hotel as a non-profit entity of the athletic department, and have that endow the program into the future.

What’s a great way to become a millionaire?

Start with a billion dollars, then buy a hotel.

What’s a great way to become a millionaire?

Start with a billion dollars, then buy a hotel.
Wasn't that Richard Branson? He said if you want to become a millionaire, start as a billionaire then try to start an airline.

Back