What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Leavitt to Oregon

Yes but he definitely had his hands in this defense becoming a nationally good defense no?
Yes - I edited my post above. He brought in the 3-4 and he ran the defense. Great coach.

But HCMM had a big hand in identifying talent including that of assistants. HCMM hired Tumpkin.

My point is that some (including my season ticket partners) think we instantly go back to awful on D. We have fixed many things and no longer have to convert a RB to a CB during game week and then start him. Leavitt was just a part of it, and I have thought he was getting too much credit for some time and I had posted that.

So, how does the "Dead Period" factor into this. I'm not sure what the rules are as for as us reassuring or others poaching recruits. (Maybe I should check OU the recruiting board)

I'm pretty sure MM will find a suitable replacement, it's not that bad, you made it through the election almost and you will survive this

Witherspoon? Thompson? Awuzie? Laguda? Gilbert? All better under Leavitt.
I say you are giving the credit to the wrong guy.
Talk to a player. Leavitt left the DBs alone.
The DB philosophy is 100% Mike Mac

Gilbert is a LB, so coached by Leavitt.

So, how does the "Dead Period" factor into this. I'm not sure what the rules are as for as us reassuring or others poaching recruits. (Maybe I should check OU the recruiting board)

I believe no visits but can contact by phone? Or in your case pony express.

Recruits can still contact coaches. There's just no visiting.

I say you are giving the credit to the wrong guy.
Talk to a player. Leavitt left the DBs alone.
The DB philosophy is 100% Mike Mac

Gilbert is a LB, so coached by Leavitt.
I mean besides drink all our Pepsi and collect a paycheck, what exactly did Leavitt do here??

So we all agree. It's good he's gone. We're better off without him. Right?

shoulder to shoulder and **** that mercenary ****er. yes, good job while he was here. yes, yes, all the usual ****ing well wishes, except he went lateral to a ****ing ****-hole program in the same ****ing conference. he shanked us like a dirty little bitch. so, he's dead to me.

fwiw, if you'd asked me whether I'd rather sign Javier Edwards or keep Jim Leavitt for another year, I'd have picked Edwards.

I realize it's not an either/or in real life, but on balance this was a good day for CU football. Edwards & Wigley are a huge deal for reloading the 2017 defense.

fwiw, if you'd asked me whether I'd rather sign Javier Edwards or keep Jim Leavitt for another year, I'd have picked Edwards.

I realize it's not an either/or in real life, but on balance this was a good day for CU football. Edwards & Wigley are a huge deal for reloading the 2017 defense.

yes. big day for the defense. traitors can hang. metaphorically.

I mean besides drink all our Pepsi and collect a paycheck, what exactly did Leavitt do here??

Nothing. It also sounds like we can cut bait on Clark and Tumpkin since Mac is the one putting in work with the DBs. And it sounds like we can just bring Baer back since DCs don't really matter much since MM is here and oversees everything and does everything. Talk about a freaking bargain, what do we pay MM? 2 million or something? So barely more than Leavitt now makes. What a score!

I'd give tumpkin and clark more credit for db's than MM.

Do you remember when HCMM was so frustrated that he spent the '14 year personally coaching the DBs and coaching Coach Clark on how to coach the DBs? He moved LaRussa to coach the Defensive Ends and he coached the Cornerbacks himself and oversaw the DB unit as a whole. Then he hired Tumpkin to basically replace himself and then he hired Leavitt. Tumpkin and Clark coach DBs the way HCMM wants that position coached.

That won't change.

HCMM was a DB coach in the NFL under Parcells. That unit has his signature all over it.
I think we miss Leavitt's attitude and motivation, and perhaps his scheme. I would think the scheme is entrenched and that should continue. Leavitt was a special guy, and I said that many times.

Last edited:
Do you remember when HCMM was so frustrated that he spent the '14 year personally coaching the DBs and coaching Coach Clark on how to coach the DBs? He moved LaRussa to coach the Defensive Ends and he coached the Cornerbacks himself and oversaw the DB unit as a whole. Then he hired Tumpkin to basically replace himself and then he hired Leavitt. Tumpkin and Clark coach DBs the way HCMM wants that position coached.

That won't change.

Um..okay.

Back