1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lest we forget

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by L Buff, Mar 17, 2013.

1. L Buff

L Buff Commissar of the Albuffs Collective Left Club Member

A thread after the 2011 snub

I know I shouldn't be nervous ... but when it comes to the NCAA I put nothing past them.

2. cubuffs85

cubuffs85 Active Member

I think it's the back of everyone's mind, but I'd even be more shocked this time. I think if Cal missed this time, it be like CU missing in 2011.

3. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

Yep, Cal would appear to be the Pac-12 team with the most risk. But god, it's hard to not be suspicious of the committee. The Bracket Matrix had us as an 11, and in on 81/89 brackets that year. CU is listed as the first 10 seed, and in on 93/94 right now. Cal is the second to last 11 seed, and listed on 89/94.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2013
  4. L Buff

L Buff Commissar of the Albuffs Collective Left Club Member

I just hope we get named early. I didn't give up the ghost in 2011 until the very last team was named ... and I will never forget the sense of utter incredulity I had when it happened. Followed soon after by utter rage.

5. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

I know this isn't what anyone on here wants to hear but I simply can't see us being left out this year.

6. cubuffs85

cubuffs85 Active Member

I was the same way, I just didn't see how we would miss and was an when NOT if until I realized at the end of the bracket it wasn't conceivable with the way it was set-up.

7. CVilleBuff

It really looked like Cal was going to get ****ed for a bit there. Still inexcusable planning for Cal to be playing UNLV (who they played this season) when Bobinski said they "moved Cal down a seed for adjustments". Just another case of what I've been trying to explain: many of the committee members are more ignorant of men's college basketball than you would believe.

8. cubuffs85

cubuffs85 Active Member

Cal's playing in San Jose, don't feel too bad for them.

9. CVilleBuff

They ended up lucking out, no doubt. Just saying after Oregon was a 12, things starting looking shaky for Cal for a bit there.