What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Let's get an offensive identity ---- bring back the power running game

Sportsfan101

Memo to CU AD: New coach should.....

go back to our roots and instill a power running game. Paul Johnson has proven that you can run the flexbone at a high level (and, uh, didn't Nebraska have some success with this not too long ago?). Let's steal Ken N. from Navy or Troy Calhoun from AFA. I think Tyler Hanson could be effective running the flexbone.

I'm sick of not having an offensive identity. With teams running the spread more and more, defenses are adjusting by putting safeties at LBs, LBs at DEs and DEs at DT. Let's line up and knock these guys down the field. I think we could be ahead of the curve by moving to a power running game.

Last edited:
We can't block cause we're soft. That's the coaches fault (and the strength coach's fault). Get someone in there who won't coddle them.

Georgia Tech had success moving from Chan Gailey (a "player's coach") to smashmouth ball within one year. We've got to find a coach that can instill a smashmouth mentality into the players. Hey, I'm not saying we can win the B12 next year by running a flexbone, but we can damn sure be better than where we are now.

Back