1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Let's get an offensive identity ---- bring back the power running game

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Sportsfan101, Nov 4, 2009.

1. Sportsfan101

Sportsfan101 Active Member

Memo to CU AD: New coach should.....

go back to our roots and instill a power running game. Paul Johnson has proven that you can run the flexbone at a high level (and, uh, didn't Nebraska have some success with this not too long ago?). Let's steal Ken N. from Navy or Troy Calhoun from AFA. I think Tyler Hanson could be effective running the flexbone.

I'm sick of not having an offensive identity. With teams running the spread more and more, defenses are adjusting by putting safeties at LBs, LBs at DEs and DEs at DT. Let's line up and knock these guys down the field. I think we could be ahead of the curve by moving to a power running game.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2009
  2. MiamiBuffs

MiamiBuffs Wᴉɐɯᴉ qnɟɟs Club Member

You cant run **** if you cant block. Guess what? We cant block.

3. Sportsfan101

Sportsfan101 Active Member

We can't block cause we're soft. That's the coaches fault (and the strength coach's fault). Get someone in there who won't coddle them.

Georgia Tech had success moving from Chan Gailey (a "player's coach") to smashmouth ball within one year. We've got to find a coach that can instill a smashmouth mentality into the players. Hey, I'm not saying we can win the B12 next year by running a flexbone, but we can damn sure be better than where we are now.

4. buffsfan01

buffsfan01 Member

:iagree:

5. everydaybuff

everydaybuff Member

:thumbsup: