What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Local Media Coverage of firing/hiring - (was: Joel Klatt is having a meltdown)

Mac

NK: Here's Bill. Welcome
Hey guys, good to be with you
NK: Your reaction: "I was stunned. Still dealing with it.
CJ: For you, an Embree guy, it must be tough. "Well, the thing is I think Embree is the real deal. Super star talent. I won't talk until I get sleep. I want to be discrete. My emotions are high. I need to calm down. On Friday, I want to evalute the decision to fire. I want people to know how great a man he is. Do we have a voice or do we take a stand. I'm weighing those."
NK: There was 60 players at the presser. They were vocal in supporting Embree. Unusual. What does that say. "It says volumes. When I was there, we won 7 in 3 years and they renewed my contract. Morolt and the guys were real leaders. When they renewed my I incurred a debt that I could never would repay. I will never forget. All that time, I've been a CU Buff. When they stepped up, I'm a Buff. Now, I have to think this through.
CJ: Can CU ever be successful. "Lets ask that on Friday. I have a strong opinion. I want to wait and not over react. I feel angry but want to wait."
NK: Come back Friday, folks. "See you guys Friday."

On friday coach Mac is going to talk about how CU will not be able to recruit the black athlete (his words from the past - not mine). I guarantee it.

Did anyone catch where Al said thast Greg Brown was a great DC for CU and will land on his feet at another program with no problem? I about ran off the road when I heard that....

The only way that happens... THE ONLY WAY... is if he ends up somewhere like Alabama where he's a puppet DC for a defensive mastermind, ala Helfrich at Oregon.

On friday coach Mac is going to talk about how CU will not be able to recruit the black athlete (his words from the past - not mine). I guarantee it.

What´s on Friday?

"I was a Buff for life, but now I have to think that through." - Mac

Mac

NK: Here's Bill. Welcome
Hey guys, good to be with you
NK: Your reaction: "I was stunned. Still dealing with it.
CJ: For you, an Embree guy, it must be tough. "Well, the thing is I think Embree is the real deal. Super star talent. I won't talk until I get sleep. I want to be discrete. My emotions are high. I need to calm down. On Friday, I want to evalute the decision to fire. I want people to know how great a man he is. Do we have a voice or do we take a stand. I'm weighing those."
NK: There was 60 players at the presser. They were vocal in supporting Embree. Unusual. What does that say. "It says volumes. When I was there, we won 7 in 3 years and they renewed my contract. Morolt and the guys were real leaders. When they renewed my I incurred a debt that I could never would repay. I will never forget. All that time, I've been a CU Buff. When they stepped up, I'm a Buff. Now, I have to think this through.
CJ: Can CU ever be successful. "Lets ask that on Friday. I have a strong opinion. I want to wait and not over react. I feel angry but want to wait."
NK: Come back Friday, folks. "See you guys Friday."

Sounds like that went well. I am guessing Friday will be another disaster with Mac and a microphone.

Ooh. NK says "a lot of race card texts." CJ is pissed. NK says Embree was just answering questions.

What a ****ing amateur hour ****-show.

Amateur.

**** me. How can this be happening? Does this happen anywhere else?

Re: Local Media Coverage of the firoel Klatt is having a meltdown on Twitter

Embree on the drive 104.3 right now. Bohn up next.

Mac sounds like he would kick Bohn in the balls. I'd like to see that. If Benson had 'em, he'd fire Bohn.

:lol: We were going to learn the Okie State offense in 4 days this spring according to Embree

Delusional. He didn't teach them the pro-set in 2 years. What makes him think he could teach CU another program's entire offense in 4 days? It would have ended in another 1-win season.

This is exactly why we shouldnt have hired JE or EB, or even Mac II to coach at CU. If things didnt work out, I knew it would be a ****storm.

Wow great question with Al. Talked about the caller b4(who AL dumped) about Embree about him not being a coordinator and both the OC and DC never been coordinators before. Embree laughed and said if they only knew.

:lol: We were going to learn the Okie State offense in 4 days this spring according to Embree

If that offense was so important, he probably could have fired EB, hired Stitt, and saved his job. He's making excuses.

Listened to both CJ and Big Al...no matter how bad the performance was, they were not ever going to say anything but Embo should have been retained. No point in listening to them, they wanted Embo to stay no matter what.

Man I didn't think Embree should stay for his third year. But how the team followed this guy and loved him, it is painful to listen to.

Back