What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Local Media Coverage of firing/hiring - (was: Joel Klatt is having a meltdown)

Embree talking about all the good things he did here.

Great Jon! You also cratered the football program, too.

This is stupid. Embo making excuses. Blaming the roster

Embree with this line of attack is ruining his chances of getting another chance down the road. When other programs see how toxic he is making it will steer clear of him and will not touch him. He is not doing himself any favors.

Embree with this line of attack is ruining his chances of getting another chance down the road. When other programs see how toxic he is making it will steer clear of him and will not touch him. He is not doing himself any favors.

Teams still need TE/Kicking coaches

I wasn't listening to Big Al, but I was listening to CJ & Kreckman.

****ing CJ. First of all, Kreckman says the players in the back of the room were openly mocking Bohn during the presser. I'm sure that helped set the tone of the whole cluster****. All CJ says was, "huh".

Then Kreckman says that Big Al, Klatt and "a couple other former Buffs" - I'm assuming CJ was one - were in attendance, and Bohn was looking at them when he called upon former players to help the current players through this transition and help the new staff. CJ says, "I'm not falling for that".

What the **** CJ? Is your loyalty to Embree bigger than your loyalty to the program? What's done is done. Embree had his chance, he failed, and CU moved on. End of story. You can either continue to be a Buff or you can be a bitch, but you can't be both, imo. If these guys cared so much about the program - angry or not - they should have kept the current players in line during the presser, and they should be willing to help the program out while the new coach is identified and the new staff is assembled.

I know it's only been one day, and things will settle down for all of us, but that presser was a trainwreck, and it pisses me off to no end that there were guys who act like they speak for CU when they're on the Denver airwaves, and they not only allowed that cluster**** of a press conference go on, but likely contributed to it and enjoyed it too.

**** them.

I can just feel the healing in the fanbase...

Bohn just said on the radio that the difference in budget for hiring the new coach is "significant".

i.e. a LOT more money is available.

I hate to point this out, but doesn't this play into Embree's "I wasn't given the necessary resources to win" argument? Or, twisted the wrong way, if we bring in a white coach next, it could support the race argument as well.

I'm losing A LOT of respect for Embree right now. Now he is ripping on the school, saying they won't give him what they need, that they need more chairs and more meetings rooms.

All that may be legitimate, but this tone is pathetic.

I find it hard to believe that more rooms and chairs would have gotten us wins vs CSU and SacState. 2 wins that had Embree gotten them would most likely still have a job. That's how low his bar was and he couldn't get over it. Embree needs to man up and accept the fact that CU under his watch was the the worst of all of CFB. It is saddening that he is accepting ZERO responsibility.

Nobody was going to hire Embree for a head coaching position other than CU.

We couldn't run the No Huddle because we only have 4 Wr's..... Wait... Embo and Co. didn't figure this out until after CSU?

Trying to resist knocking Embree, but I'm having a hard time with his total deflection of blame. The team was ****ing horrible this year. He keeps bringing up this talk about trajectory before he was hired and after this year. The team was clearly not in good shape when he took over, but results this year (and last) speak for themselves. Great that the team finally won on the road, twice in two years. News flash, they didn't win at home this year and only won once in Folsom last year.

Hey we set the GPA record!!! No kids got arrested.

No kids got arrested, but more than a few got in huge effing trouble for "Airsoft Gate" prior to this season. We thank you for keeping the kids in the classroom, but you still need to win a game or two Mr. Embree.

No kids got arrested, but more than a few got in huge effing trouble for "Airsoft Gate" prior to this season. We thank you for keeping the kids in the classroom, but you still need to win a game or two Mr. Embree.

Except for Austin Vincent, Jermane Clark, and the guy caught stealing IPAD's in the locker room. Don't forget about that Embo

Embree also TOLD the team and the fans and the country that we were going to WIN 6 games this year and go to a bowl game. He told us that was the goal. He fell short by a couple hundred points. Admit that you didn't succeed and the organization decided to go in a different direction.

I find it hard to believe that more rooms and chairs would have gotten us wins vs CSU and SacState. 2 wins that had Embree gotten them would most likely still have a job. That's how low his bar was and he couldn't get over it. Embree needs to man up and accept the fact that CU under his watch was the the worst of all of CFB. It is saddening that he is accepting ZERO responsibility.

Absolutely classless Embree. Slandering CU on the CJ and Kreckman show, laughing comically at the rhetoric the Bohn used i.e. 'trajectory'. Barnett had more class in his pinky finger than Jon has in his body, and Barnett got the raw deal.

Hey Jon, you went 4-21. Take personal responsibility.

Embree talking about the 1st yr issues (Ohio State game) more than the 2nd year. This 2nd year is why Embree got fired not the 1st year.

Embree also said he had talked to Gundy at Okie State and his offensive staff was going to learn and run their offense. You've got to be ****ting me Jon. That's the equivalent at grasping at straws. Or reading 'Coaching for Dummies'.

It wasn't that he didn't turn it around in 23 months. He took a struggling program and turned it into a historically bad one.

Why does no one get this?

Embree wouldn't have taken the job if he knew he would only get 2 yrs to turn it around.

It wasnt two years to turn it around, it was two years to see any progress. Worst season ever. Im amazed that he thinks he was owed another year. He should have resigned.

I was willing to do that, but he is carrying on and I think it is really unprofessional

Thats unfortunate. But, he's only hurting himself. He should have brought a "buddy" with him to pull him away from the media or whomever he's talking to. Maybe this will be a reality check for him. He has to take ownership of the fact that the losses are on him. When you point a finger at somebody there are four fingers pointing back at yourself.

Embree also said he had talked to Gundy at Okie State and his offensive staff was going to learn and run their offense. You've got to be ****ting me Jon. That's the equivalent at grasping at straws. Or reading 'Coaching for Dummies'.

Agreed.

Back