What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Local Media Coverage of firing/hiring - (was: Joel Klatt is having a meltdown)

This garbage from Embree and his defenders harms the University far beyond the football program. The b4l crew has chosen to portray the entire administration as a group of racists. That not only hurts recruiting and hiring the next coach, but it damages the efforts to develop a more diverse enrollment beyond athletics. To those guys, CU is a football team with a University attached. Given that most of them likely had little connection with the University outside of Folsom maybe that is understandable. The rest of us should try to show a bit more perspective.

No one cares anymore, the news cycle is over and CU is moving on. These guys are yelling at the clouds.

I don't know why I clicked on this thread.

Though I have to say, it doesn't piss me off like it did earlier in the week. Now it just saddens me to think that guys like CJ and Alfred, who I used to have immense respect for - hell, look at my handle, have exposed themselves now for transparent hacks. I used to believe them when they would talk about how great the UNIVERSITY was. Now I know that they don't care much for the institution or really anything other than the football program, and even then it seems like they're willing to sacrifice it to further their own agenda.

I don't know why I clicked on this thread.

Though I have to say, it doesn't piss me off like it did earlier in the week. Now it just saddens me to think that guys like CJ and Alfred, who I used to have immense respect for - hell, look at my handle, have exposed themselves now for transparent hacks. I used to believe them when they would talk about how great the UNIVERSITY was. Now I know that they don't care much for the institution or really anything other than the football program, and even then it seems like they're willing to sacrifice it to further their own agenda.

By default you are also now a transparent hack. Choose your usernames wisely, kids.

Love the article from D-bag. Basically it says "Because I know and like Al and he is in pain, I'm going to throw rationality out the window and say Embree should have received more time, and Bohn should be fired."

The irony being that he makes a pretty good argument for why Embree deserved to be fired throughout the column, but then just abruptly ends with Embree deserved more time, and fire Bohn.

http://milehighsports.com/2012/11/29/d-mac-alfreds-pain-is-simply-hard-to-watch/

I honestly can't stand listening to the guy on the radio either.

I just got around to watching an Altitude Sports Summit show from a couple of days ago that I DVR'd and Doug Ottewill (editor of mile high sports mag) put it about as straightforward as you can. He said that if CU kept Embree after this debacle of a season, they would be saying they simply don't care about the football program. It's that cut and dried. Marc Moser basically agreed with him.

I know.

****ing Alfred.

I've had this handle across the interwebs since 1998.

With Mac, Klatt, Embree, Alfred disgracing themselves I got to at least give some credit to Bienemy, Hagan, Cabral and others that have handled a tough situation with respect (so far).

No one cares anymore, the news cycle is over and CU is moving on. These guys are yelling at the clouds.

It is truly over now. Broncos big win clinching AFC West and the tragedy at Kansas City and the embarrassment of McCartney on the radio has officially buried the CU story.

This will be an interesting thread in the next couple days. I'm sure Klatt/Mac etc will hate whoever we hire (likely Jones)

This will be an interesting thread in the next couple days. I'm sure Klatt/Mac etc will hate whoever we hire (likely Jones)

One of the pluses with Jones is he is supposed to very good with the community relations stuff, CU could use a guy that is genuine and solid (and willing) at building goodwill and community involvement. Boyle is fantastic at that stuff. Hawk tried, but in many ways ended up sounding like a goober, so its a fine line between being genuine and coming off as a fake cheerleader.

I am curious which local radio station is going to get the first interview...probably KOA. Tough to put him on one of the afternoon drive shows on the Fan or the Ticket given their antics over the last week. I wonder if they'll put him noon to three block instead and tell them to run the interview again in the afternoon block.

Last edited:
So not unfortunately I missed any Klatt radio today.

Noted that CJ & Al didn't seem to discuss CU at all so far (though I didn't hear all of both shows)

Mac and Goodman had the most coverage by far, did anyone hear Ringo's interview with them? Sounded less than thrilled with Jones (shocker, saying basically what has he ever really done), then went back to the Embree press conference handling by the AD. Ringo came off rather poor. He and Kiszla both sound pretty pathetic with their tweets.

Wonder if at the announcement press conference (whether it is Butch or someone else) if they will be dicks and ask questions such as, "Why do you think you can win at CU under the current administration? Do you think you'll get more than 2 years?"

If Klatt asked that first question, if I were Butch, I'd respond, "Well, Joel, didn't YOU win at CU???" Or better yet, "Well, Joel, a few years back, CU won with a walk on QB, can't remember his name, but he was servicable, and CU managed to win."

Last edited:
My entire 40 minute drive home was void of any Buff talk other than KOA with Dave Logan and Dave Krieger. Unfortunately, I only caught the end of their interview with the Cincinnati radio guy. He said he believes Jones wants to stay but that the conference realignment is kind of forcing him to leave. He said Jones brings a real family atmosphere to the program involving the players, coaches and all of the family members. He said it is kind of corny but the players, recruits and their parents love it.

Don't forget about KOA when flipping through the sports stuff. Logan and Krieger are very good.

I'll say one thing, the local media guys know nothing of the rumors flying around. Or at least they aren't buying into the speculation.

I'll say one thing, the local media guys know nothing of the rumors flying around. Or at least they aren't buying into the speculation.

Goodman seemed pretty honed in on the up to date info, looks like he was following a lot of the twitter feeds.

Well i wonder what the afternoon reaction will be from big al and cj. hopefully they have cooled off over the last couple of weeks.

Well i wonder what the afternoon reaction will be from big al and cj. hopefully they have cooled off over the last couple of weeks.

I can tell you exactly what it will be. They will say that they wish him well, but that he will fail because nothing has changed up there (i.e. they want Bohn fired).

If anyone wants to hear a on air meltdown, call Big Al and say we got a new coach Mac, we don't need the old one any more.

If anyone wants to hear a on air meltdown, call Big Al and say we got a new coach Mac, we don't need the old one any more.
id prolly be the one to do that...but i just dont want to be responsible for an English nurse style suicide

CJ and Kreckman are still being immature about things. First they were bragging about how they've been bagging on Bohn for weeks, and that was after CJ bitched about and made fun of CU fans who show any support for the administration.

Krekman has no clue how to form an argument. He let it be known that it's Bohn's fault if MacIntyre doesn't work out, but he shouldn't get credit if he does, as it was Bohn's "fourth choice." You can't have it both ways. At least CJ gave the "I'll give my full support to the coach" statement. I'm glad we can finally move forward. If radio personalities can't do that, then they won't have me as a listener during my drive home.

Back