1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Long Term Contracts

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Darian3Hagan, Nov 11, 2010.

1. Darian3Hagan

Darian3Hagan '89 Player of the Year Club Member

Bohn said publicly that the FB team will have 3 out of the 6 long term contracts allowed by the state of Colorado.

From what I can find the 6 are allocated as follows.

1. Bohn
    2. FB HC
    3. Mens BB
    4. Womens BB
    5. Womens VB
    6. Eric Keisau

Looking at this list why limit it to only 3? First Keisau's contract runs is through '11 so hopefully it doesnt count as a long term contract, but why use 2 on nonrevenue sports like Womens VB and BB? I would like to see 4 contracts go to the HC, OC, DC and a recruiting coordinator/asst coach.

2. Buffsfan09

Buffsfan09 Member

Was listening to Mike Leech's show on satellite radio this afternoon and someone called in and said Colorado wasn't a good job beacuse there are no long term contracts, and then another guy called in and asked Leech about multi year contracts and are they a big deal to a coach. He said no, he said most coaches are on a single year contracts regardless of conference and typically there are two or three within a football program that have multi-year. If we get three, this seems like a non-issue.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2010
  3. mdelpizzo_1

mdelpizzo_1 My Dixie Wrecked Club Member

You can always have a wink wink agreement with some other coaches in the non revenue sports to let them know they will be around for more than a year if they perform and work out raises.