1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Longhorn QB Connor Wood Reportedly Visiting Colorado Today

Discussion in 'CU Buffs Newsroom' started by RSSBot, Aug 29, 2011.

1. RSSBot

RSSBot News Junkie

By Jon Woods

Orangebloods.com reporter Jason Suchomel reported on Twitter that current Texas Longhorn quarterback Connor Wood is in Boulder today visiting with the Colorado coaching staff about a possible transfer.

Had a source I trust tell me #UT QB Connor Wood is visiting Colorado today to discuss a possible transfer. #hookem #Longhornsless than a minute ago via TweetDeck [​IMG] Favorite [​IMG] Retweet [​IMG] Reply[​IMG]Jason Suchomel
    jsuchomel

Wood is currently tied for the 3rd quarterback spot on the Texas depth chart that was released today with true freshman David Ash, but many pundits have him a bit behind Ash at this moment. Wood was a highly recruited 2010 quarterback from Houston, Texas who was rated as the 3rd best pro-style qb in his class. He was brought in with Colt McCoy's younger brother, Case.
    Tennessee is rumored to be the other school that Connor is interested in at the moment. The Buffaloes already have a commitment from 4-star quarterback Shane Dillon in the 2011 recruiting class.

Originally posted by Ralphie Report
    Click here t

2. moett88

moett88 Well-Known Member

Have been reading all over orangebloods about this. The fans have been real gracious about Connor transferring. The planet they call Texas is so prone for recruit tsunamis its not even funny. It has to be tough to be so highly recruited, then redshirt with i'm sure alot of promises, to then be staring at the bench and fighting for the 3rd string spot. I hope he gets a chance to shine.

3. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

Did you ever get the chance to see him play in a HS game, moett88? If so, what are your thoughts?

4. Jon Woods

Jon Woods New Member

He was OU's number one choice two years ago. They went after Blake Bell only after losing Wood.

5. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

blake bell was a 5 star kid, too, IIRC. i don't think he was anyone's #2 choice. Sooners may have wanted Wood, but Bell was hardly chopped liver.

6. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

interesting last name you have there.

Jens1893 likes this.
  7. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

:lol:

8. Jon Woods

Jon Woods New Member

Which means it'll drive me crazy when everyone calls him "Conner Woods"

9. Jon Woods

Jon Woods New Member

They were both 4-stars according to Rivals, Wood ranked slightly higher.

Most Sooners, were/are happy that they got Bell instead because of his mobility. But they did pursue Wood first.

I love Bell, think he'll be great.

10. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

Won't like, it took me a double check to ensure the spelling. Its fun having a name everyone ****s up. Also, I heard you weren't "that" Woods.

That said if Conner ends up here, the tree puns are gonna really get out of control and spiral AB into a fiery oblivion.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2011
  11. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

Those puns have already sprouted.