What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Lookalike & Game thread - #20/21 (AP/ Coaches)/ #20 (NET rankings) Men's bball on the road vs. #38 (NET) USC (L.A., Saturday, 2/1, 8:30 PM MT, FS1)

Okay, I liked Bey’s passion. Loved it. But he needs to chill out in the “in your face” stuff. He doesn’t need to be like the idiot from Washington who keeps getting T’d up and costing his team. It was great last night because we were up by over 20 and it was usc. But the last time he got T’d it did hurt us. Show passion but don’t talk smack and/or stand over a guy and do the “stare down.”

Okay, I liked Bey’s passion. Loved it. But he needs to chill out in the “in your face” stuff. He doesn’t need to be like the idiot from Washington who keeps getting T’d up and costing his team. It was great last night because we were up by over 20 and it was usc. But the last time he got T’d it did hurt us. Show passion but don’t talk smack and/or stand over a guy and do the “stare down.”

The last time he got T'd up was bull****.

Last night I was cussing out the ref from the comfort of my couch, but it was the right call.

The last time he got T'd up was bull****.

Last night I was cussing out the ref from the comfort of my couch, but it was the right call.
I was pissed that he got T’d that last time too. But afterward Tad said he agreed with the call. You cant Stand over a guy laying on the ground after you stuff him and give him a stare down.

At the risk of being the turd in the punch bowl... I hope everyone understand that games like tonight are outliers to savor. We played great. USC was off its game. If we're lucky, we'll get a game or two a year when it clicks against a good team like that. Also, I'm drunk now.

Yup.

Take care of home court, get a split for the NorCal and Oregon road trips. That gets them to 12 wins going in to the Utah roadie.

I was pissed that he got T’d that last time too. But afterward Tad said he agreed with the call. You cant Stand over a guy laying on the ground after you stuff him and give him a stare down.

Bey was maybe 10 feet away from the guy on the ground. Didn't say anything only looked at him. I didn't like the call.

Bey was maybe 10 feet away from the guy on the ground. Didn't say anything only looked at him. I didn't like the call.
It was definitely debatable. But he may be getting a reputation with officials.

At the risk of being the turd in the punch bowl... I hope everyone understand that games like tonight are outliers to savor. We played great. USC was off its game. If we're lucky, we'll get a game or two a year when it clicks against a good team like that. Also, I'm drunk now.
Completely agree.

Our bigs were 6-7 from 3 pt. Granted 2-3 from Siewert is not shocking, but still better than expected.

Never, ever, ever, should we expect to get 12 points from 4 3-pointers from Bey, Walton, and Battey. I was fine with all four shots, Battey and Walton were both wide open and late enough in the shot clock that passing up the open look would have been bad; the same for Bey's fist trey, and his second one was forced by getting down to the very end of the shot clock so it had to go up.

He was definitely talking. If you can find the replay or go back on DVR you'll see Bey's lips moving and the ref looking directly at him when he got T'd up.

I'm fine with it; both that Bey was chirping, and that the ref T'd him up for it. Gotta have grit and aggressiveness, especially on the road; and the occasional, but rare, step over the line into extra **** talking and hype can be tolerated, especially given the context of the opponent and the scoreboard.

Completely agree.

Our bigs were 6-7 from 3 pt. Granted 2-3 from Siewert is not shocking, but still better than expected.

Never, ever, ever, should we expect to get 12 points from 4 3-pointers from Bey, Walton, and Battey. I was fine with all four shots, Battey and Walton were both wide open and late enough in the shot clock that passing up the open look would have been bad; the same for Bey's fist trey, and his second one was forced by getting down to the very end of the shot clock so it had to go up.
Some games shots go in, some they don’t. I think last night our collective team was in the zone. Too bad no one has ever been able to figure out how to get a team or player in the zone game in and game out. Even the pros have games where seemingly nothing will drop. Basketball is probably affected more than any other team sport.

He was definitely talking. If you can find the replay or go back on DVR you'll see Bey's lips moving and the ref looking directly at him when he got T'd up.

I'm fine with it; both that Bey was chirping, and that the ref T'd him up for it. Gotta have grit and aggressiveness, especially on the road; and the occasional, but rare, step over the line into extra **** talking and hype can be tolerated, especially given the context of the opponent and the scoreboard.

The replay on the Keg's big screen didn't show that from looking directly at Bey. I'm happy to be wrong.

The play I loved last night was kin bringing the ball up the court, waved off the Battey screen. Battey take three steps away then come back and absolutely trucks the SC player - and didn't get called for it - was perfectly clean.

Absolutely hilarious.

@seattlebuff

What you think of the game?
Didn’t see it. Had a show. Obviously a huge win for us. I was DEAD wrong about our ability to bounce back.

Great to see everyone contribute ... when we play lockdown D like we’ve seen, and Schwartz and Siewert are both in the flow, we’re VERY good despite the lack of 2 guard contribution. Good to see Kountz’s minutes dwindling. He’s simply not a P12 level player.

Im gonna be relentlessly positive from here on out ... or not post at all. Sorry to disappoint ... by the number of posts in here not talking about the game but just asking where I am, everyone loves a punching bag. But I’m just gonna be a Buffs cheerleader from here on out!

Great shot by Gatling. Must have been off something McKinley drew in the dirt, because we know Tad doesn't have any good inbounds plays.

Edit: Being snarky because I get annoyed at that narrative. It was very true early in Tad's tenure but it hasn't been a problem for years.
Yeah, but then, Tad had to work with guys who played under Patton, who had no clue about in-bound plays! None!

Walton only played about 8 minutes, but you could tell when he was out there and he was productive. Looking at the stats, we won every damn one of them, even rebounds. We didn't have anybody that put up 20, but we had four in double figures. Battey was just short one point to have five. That's good production.

Some games shots go in, some they don’t. I think last night our collective team was in the zone. Too bad no one has ever been able to figure out how to get a team or player in the zone game in and game out. Even the pros have games where seemingly nothing will drop. Basketball is probably affected more than any other team sport.
WOW!......Deep......

Great bounceback win after the debacle at UCLA! It's no coincidence they didn't give up a bunch of offensive rebounds and won the rebounding battle overall. Didn't hurt that they had a great shooting night too, especially from 3.

I was just hoping for a split on this trip and I'd venture to say this was the better one to get since this is a Quad I win and UCLA wouldn't have been. But there's an obvious tradeoff there and I don't know what the net gain would've been in the NET rankings in the other scenario.

Walton only played about 8 minutes, but you could tell when he was out there and he was productive. Looking at the stats, we won every damn one of them, even rebounds. We didn't have anybody that put up 20, but we had four in double figures. Battey was just short one point to have five. That's good production.

Walton is key to us down the stretch. He isn't better than Battey or Bey, but he is a matchup problem and a great defender down low.

He can make a difference against teams like Oregon and the Chards.

Back