What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Looking ahead 22-23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. I both love and hate that quote.

Love that it means we have plenty of firepower.

Hate that it means we haven't had our alpha dogs step up yet.
Agreed, whose going to be the guy that takes over when we are down 7 in the second half on the road against Cal,Washington, (enter any team name here) when we are 1-15 from 3.

Agreed, whose going to be the guy that takes over when we are down 7 in the second half on the road against Cal,Washington, (enter any team name here) when we are 1-15 from 3.
I think it's going to be this guy: https://cubuffs.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster/kj-simpson/15932

Question is if he can lead in other areas and keep everyone involved and feed the rock to the guys who are hot.

Concern is valid though. We can't have all five dudes on the court wondering when the other guy is gonna step up and not taking charge.

Guesses on the minutes distribution early in the season?

I don't even know where to begin.

Nique and Tristan playing starters/finishers minutes, maybe KJ too

KJ, Hammond, Quincy, Lawson play a lot (~20+/game)

LOB is first off the bench, doesn't always play a lot though, depends on matchup / game flow

then you still need to find minutes for Gabbidon, Wright, Hadley, Ruffin,

Hurlburt and/or RJ Smith redshirting?

Guesses on the minutes distribution early in the season?

I don't even know where to begin.

Nique and Tristan playing starters/finishers minutes, maybe KJ too

KJ, Hammond, Quincy, Lawson play a lot (~20+/game)

LOB is first off the bench, doesn't always play a lot though, depends on matchup / game flow

then you still need to find minutes for Gabbidon, Wright, Hadley, Ruffin,

Hurlburt and/or RJ Smith redshirting?

KJ is going to have as many or more minutes than anyone on the team. Quincy Allen will too. Nique and Tristan will get plenty as well. Julian Hammond is going to play a lot less minutes than last year, especially as the season wears on. He's fine, he's been recruited over. Wright and Gabiddon are going to play plenty, they didn't grad transfer to sit, they're going to take the bulk of the Kee and Parquet minutes. Hadley didn't transfer here to sit, he'll get some run too. LOB and Lawson will be in the rotation, but it could be matchup dependent. Don't know what we'll see from Ruffin or Hurlburt. I hope Hurlburt is so good he busts up my prediction.

Cool thanks! I'm dropping Sling this month for Directv Stream cause they have Altitude-Nuggets, so am looking for an alternative for Pac12 Net.

@Jens1893 any other suggestions here?
I have directv stream and I like it a lot. A little pricey but has every channel I need. I've been using a friend's login for sling. Refused to buy it this year because CU football.

Also, if you have multiple credit cards and e-mail addresses you can get quite a few free trials through fubo and sling. I've exhausted all my options.

Last edited:
Full CU bball Media Day press conference -

Few things I noticed he raves about Hadley's toughness and grit. He didn't mention Hurlburt a ton, also love the bit at the end when the reporter asks about Tad's kid at Pomona and Tad lights up and spends some extra time talking about how he's doing!

Can't wait to see this rotation. We really hit our stride last year after Eli got hurt (hate to say it but it's true) and we were forced into a 8 man rotation. The second unit was really good last year. The way Tad's talking I'm worried we have too many guys to have a small rotation so roles become muddied.

KJ, Julian, Jalen, Nique, Ethan, Hadley, Quincy, Tristan, Lovering- 9 players

O'Brien and Hurlburt are other guys people expect to have roles

RJ- redshirt & Javon- not playing

We have 11 players that people expect to play some sort of role. IMO that's way too many. North Carolina just played in the chip with a 6 man rotation. Kansas had a 7-8 man rotation at the end of the year. How does Tad manage this and who are the top 8 will be very interesting.

worth a read, Adam has his predictions on who will start and who will get minutes. He's been at the practices too.

I'd describe Tad as cautiously optimistic, but really uncertain about how the season will go. He's obviously really worried about leadership.

Yeah. I both love and hate that quote.

Love that it means we have plenty of firepower.

Hate that it means we haven't had our alpha dogs step up yet.
Yep, kinda helps to have the alpha dog type when you need a bucket late in a close one.

Put me in the camp of I dont want KJ taking out clutch shots. He's about the 7th or 8th best shooter on the team.
If it's a shot with 12 minutes left in the half, I don't want KJ taking that shot.

If it's a shot with 12 seconds left in the game? Give KJ the ball.

To steal the meme.... here's KJ's preseason XRay

FVUcl6IXoAYs6VG

worth a read, Adam has his predictions on who will start and who will get minutes. He's been at the practices too.

I'd describe Tad as cautiously optimistic, but really uncertain about how the season will go. He's obviously really worried about leadership.

I just re-upped over there after Sunday's good news.

I thought the comment about the recruiting “hiccup” that occurred last spring that led to the Buffs landing Hadley was interesting & timely. I assume it was a reference to the admissions screw up on the 4* PF Klintman. So it’s not just football where transfers & admissions are on the radar. Based on the fact he brought it up 6 months later, I don’t think Tad is going to forgive & forget any time soon.

I thought the comment about the recruiting “hiccup” that occurred last spring that led to the Buffs landing Hadley was interesting & timely. I assume it was a reference to the admissions screw up on the 4* PF Klintman. So it’s not just football where transfers & admissions are on the radar. Based on the fact he brought it up 6 months later, I don’t think Tad is going to forgive & forget any time soon.

Agreed, with what's going on with football that comment wasn't coicindental.

For anyone reading who doesn't know what happened:

- Klintman was committed and qualified to go to Maryland (AAU peer university to CU)

- Turgeon era ended and was then no longer coach, so Klintman was freed up to commit elsewhere. Turgeon & Tad best friends, so Klintman was introduced and committed to CU.

- CU admissions then denied Klintman entry.

- Klintman had to re-open his recruiting and was accepted & admitted at Wake Forest (AAU peer university to CU).

So if anyone has any gripes about front court depth this year, direct your comments to DiStefano and Moore with a cc to Saliman and the Regents. They are 100% to blame for us not having a 4* Power Forward on our roster.

Last edited:

- Klintman was committed and qualified to go to Maryland (AAU peer university to CU)

- Turgeon eta ended and was them no longer coach, so Klintman was freed up to commit elsewhere. Turgeon & Tad best friends, so Klintman was introduced and committed to CU.

- Klintman had to re-open his recruiting and was accepted & admitted at Wake Forest (AAU peer university to CU).

So if anyone has any gripes about front court depth this year, direct your comments to DiStefano and Moore with a cc to Saliman and the Regents. They are 100% to blame for us not having a 4* Power Forward on our roster.
is it known why CU denied him admissions?

Last edited by a moderator:

- Turgeon eta ended and was them no longer coach, so Klintman was freed up to commit elsewhere. Turgeon & Tad best friends, so Klintman was introduced and committed to CU.

Plati logging in to tell you how wrong you are in 3....2....1....

CU gonna CU I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can tell Tad is going to love Hadley on the team. Supercharged Alex Strating role of "at least he'll try". Really worried about the shooting and scoring on this team.

Also, Tad really, really loves Evan Battey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back