What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Looking into the future - UMASS

I got mine through the CU ticket office. I also noticed that they weren't available on Ticketmaster - weird that they would do it that way.

My guess is that UMass wants to consolidate as many fans as possible onto their side of the stadium to create a better atmosphere over there, so they only opened up seats online on that side of the field...if folks are still looking for tickets it looks like you can still get seats through CU on the CU website but if they should shut that off at some point, I would contact the UMass ticket office directly and see if CU has sent back any tickets from the visitor's allotment that they can sell you over the phone...

If I were going to the game, I'd buy the cheapest possible ticket from UMass and then sit wherever I wanted to.

If I were going to the game, I'd buy the cheapest possible ticket from UMass and then sit wherever I wanted to.
Why not buy the ticket from CU? Helps us sell out our allotment, and it's $5 cheaper (face value) than buying from UMass. You still can probably sit wherever you want.

Why not buy the ticket from CU? Helps us sell out our allotment, and it's $5 cheaper (face value) than buying from UMass. You still can probably sit wherever you want.

That's fine, too. Typically, there is a bit of a mark-up when you buy from the CU athletic department. If that's not the case here, then it would make the most sense to purchase from CU.

I would buy from CU to help start to make an argument that we do travel better than some teams in the Pac 12.

That's an easy argument to make. In fact, of the 12 schools in the P12, I'd say we travel better than all but two or three. Oregon, Washington, and maybe Utah will travel as well or better than we do. Nobody else is close. At least in football. UA travels very well for hoops.

Actually not that much cheaper. CU is $25 face plus $4 charge per ticket and a flat fee of $5 or $8 for mail or will call. Ticket master is $30.50 per ticket with no other fees I am aware of, the ability to choose your seat and pick one on or near the 50 yard line.

Actually not that much cheaper. CU is $25 face plus $4 charge per ticket and a flat fee of $5 or $8 for mail or will call. Ticket master is $30.50 per ticket +$3.75 flat fee, NC for "print at home", the ability to choose your seat and pick one on or near the 50 yard line.
fify

Actually not that much cheaper. CU is $25 face plus $4 charge per ticket and a flat fee of $5 or $8 for mail or will call. Ticket master is $30.50 per ticket with no other fees I am aware of, the ability to choose your seat and pick one on or near the 50 yard line.
I cant print my ticket if I buy from CU? Other questions: are we allowed to drink on the shuttle? Will they serve beer at the game? Cant wait (insert bart scott meme)

I cant print my ticket if I buy from CU? Other questions: are we allowed to drink on the shuttle? Will they serve beer at the game? Cant wait (insert bart scott meme)

CU only gave me the option of mail or will call-will call was $3 more.

Cut and paste from the Boston Buffs FB post, re: tailgating - I expect to see OU's RV out there! :lol:

Are you driving to Foxboro for the ‪#‎CUvUMass‬ game on 9/6? Are you tailgating on your own?
Per UMass, parking SHOULD be FREE and we want to try to gather Buffs in the SW Lots 20C, 20A, 12B, 14A-B, 19, and 16 (roughly in that order).
The OFFICIAL COLORADO SPONSORED TAILGATE will be in the Putnam Club starting at 12:00pm.
The SOLD OUT Shuttles from Boston rolling 165 Buffs deep will be arriving and parked in lot 20B.

LikeLike · · Share · 1

The Minutemen are getting a little frisky on their board.

"For most alumni at schools in the south, midwest, and west, a trip to New England extends to a cultural opportunity as well. I think that the folks at Colorado view this as a great opportunity to see the rich history of the city and the beauty of NE while seeing their Buffs get spanked.I figure 7-10k CO fans is about right, with about 25k UMass faithful and students"

"Colorado? Do we really think 10K Buffs fans are there? I doubt that. That's more towards our 15K norm all in, Buffs a few thousand.. Max! The other 2 games that will tip the scales are homecoming and the mid-week game..I'll say 15-17K, but I am certain we've not had much of a history of 17K at McGuirk. So that range is good. Again, all of this will will/would be great.. but let's keep it realistic!"

The Minutemen are getting a little frisky on their board.

"For most alumni at schools in the south, midwest, and west, a trip to New England extends to a cultural opportunity as well. I think that the folks at Colorado view this as a great opportunity to see the rich history of the city and the beauty of NE while seeing their Buffs get spanked.I figure 7-10k CO fans is about right, with about 25k UMass faithful and students"

"Colorado? Do we really think 10K Buffs fans are there? I doubt that. That's more towards our 15K norm all in, Buffs a few thousand.. Max! The other 2 games that will tip the scales are homecoming and the mid-week game..I'll say 15-17K, but I am certain we've not had much of a history of 17K at McGuirk. So that range is good. Again, all of this will will/would be great.. but let's keep it realistic!"

Hey, whatever floats their boat. As a native New Englander I can safely say nobody around here really even realizes there is anything west of Boston. They need something to cling to. Going to school out there must be dreadful.

I think most everyone who is going to the game here has already secured shuttle tickets, but if you haven't or are making late plane to come to Beantown, the Boston Buffs are apparently working on a FOURTH shuttle. 14 on the waitlist and 25 secures another shuttle. Email the club if you are interested.

Just a heads up for anyone who will be around Boston the following Saturday. USC Trojans play at Boston College on September 13th. Cool opportunity to check out Chestnut Hill/BC area and see a Pac-12 peer crush the Eagles.

Cu has sold out of their ticket allotment. The Umass ticket office is still open for business and they have no will call fee.

Rick George on the conf. call yesterday I thought said 1700 CU fans were going but that must just be via CU AD ticket sales.

Hey, whatever floats their boat. As a native New Englander I can safely say nobody around here really even realizes there is anything a half mile outside their own neighborhood and if there is, they coudn't find it anyway! They need something to cling to. Going to school out there must be dreadful.

FIFY Best thing to ever happen to the New England tourist trade was Garmin and GPS.

True story: I'm driving a rental around Lexington, name of store and address in hand, looking for this place to order something. Motoring around for awhile, I still can't find it. So I pull into a gas station with repair bays and tow truck, figuring anybody who runs a tow truck, knows the region like the back of his hand. But the guy working there, obviously from his accent a native, had NO CLUE. So I drove away, up over a hill and by blind luck found the place I was looking for, just over a mile away!

Second true story: Driving around Cambridge in a car full of family to drop offspring at a bar to meet old friends (she lived in Boston for a while). Approaching a typical five-way NE intersection, I asked her which street to turn on---three of them being to the lefthand side---then, with a perfectly straight face she said, "Take the straight left." Everybody else in the car cracked up at that and she was puzzled as to why!

Cowpaths ,indeed!

Back