What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Luke Walters granted 6th year. Will he be back?

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
The NCAA has granted Luke Walters his petition for a 6th year of eligibility due to medical hardship. However, he has already graduated and doesn't need more schooling and student loan debt. He'll be back if Hawkins steps up with a scholarship.

Walters was a 2* prospect (Scout) out of Thunderridge in Highlands Ranch, CO who originally went to New Mexico on scholarship before leg injuries derailed his career. He transferred back home to CU in 2008 as a RS-Junior walk-on.

20100108__09dcsbuf_200.jpg

Here are a couple excerpts from a very good and thorough piece on Walters:

"It is absolutely a huge opportunity," Walters said. "... It's an opportunity for someone to step up and try to fill some roles."

"I feel like there wouldn't be that much of a drop-off if you had me and Deehan in there as opposed to Riar (Geer) and Pat Devenny," Walters said. "I feel like we could definitely get the job done."

Walters said he hadn't been able to speak with Riddle or head coach Dan Hawkins as of late afternoon Friday. Coaches are focused on recruiting and haven't been able to return his calls. He said he hopes coaches will consider giving him a scholarship for all or part of the year.

Kyle Ringo, BDC: NCAA grants CU Walters a sixth year

Luke is a really good dude, I'd like to see him rewarded a scholarship. Not like we are using all of them next year anyway. Seems like an easy call.

Back