1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lunardi has Pac-12 as 2 bid league

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by RumblinBuff, Jan 3, 2012.

1. RumblinBuff

RumblinBuff That one blogging guy Club Member

Bracketology at this point is a waste of everyone's time, but I did note that the Pac-12 is appropriately slated as a 2-bid league.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

Other leagues with 2 bids: MAAC, OVC. Sigh...

2. jgisland

jgisland Club Member Club Member

I really think this is a 2 bid league, my guess is 2 of these 3 will make it. Zona, uw and cal. As bad as the p12 is a couple of these teams will get it together in conf play.

3. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

Not a chance of the PAC being anything more than a 2 bid league. Washington has already done a ton of damage to their resume, hanging by a thread with 5 losses including a blowout to South Dakota State, with their best win being Oregon. Arizona already has 4 losses and while none of them are bad, they also don't have any quality wins. Cal has 3 losses lacks a single quality win as well. These teams need to go 14-4 at a minimum to have any hope of an at-large.

4. RumblinBuff

RumblinBuff That one blogging guy Club Member

Is it bad that I kind of miss the Big XII gauntlet? I never want to hear discussions of a 19 win Arizona team making the Tournament ever again.

5. Goose

Goose Hoops Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Starting next year you won't have to. 19 win Arizona will be replaced by 24 win Colorado in all tourney discussions. :thumbsup:

6. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

The rise of the Pac12 will be swift. All of hte schools are completely revamping their approach to athletics, and I think you will see the pac12 swiftly rise to parity, for the most part, in football with the SEC as well as becoming a clear top 3, at a minimum, in basketball. Of course, a big part of that will be CU!

7. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

I don't know how much recruiting rankings matter in basketball, but the Pac 12 had 3 teams in the top 25 in recruiting rankings. Here are what some other conferences did:

SEC:2
    BIG10:4
    BIG12:4
    ACC:6 (bDuke came in at 27)
    BIG EAST:4
    CONF USA:2

The schools from the Pac:12 in the top 25 are Colorado, Arizona and UCLA. We need schools like Washington and Cal, we are both good basketball schools to be in the top 25 more often than not if we want to be anything better than a mid-level basketball conference.

8. whatthebuff

whatthebuff Club Member Club Member

I'm ok without it this year since we're rebuilding. The Men of Corn are getting crushed in the Big 10, that schedule does not look fun. When we become better, I hope our schedule is much more difficult.