1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mac, Cabral and UNC

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Sportsfan101, Nov 17, 2010.

1. Sportsfan101

Sportsfan101 Active Member

Let me start off by noting that I'm a Mac supporter, and think Bohn would be crazy not to offer Mac the job. One of the primary reasons I'm a Mac supporter is because I think he could assemble a killer staff (perhaps guys like EB, Embree, Dorrell, Logan, Hankwitz, Cabral, etc.)

I note, though, that UNC (Greeley) just fired Scott Downing as HC. I know that Brian Cabral was a leading candidate for the job the last time that the spot was open, but he didn't end up getting the job. My concern is that if Mac gets the job, then perhaps Brian will head up to Greeley as head man at UNC. UNC would hit a home run with Brian, but I am curious as to whether he'd take the head job at UNC or work under his biggest coaching influence at CU.

2. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

Depends on lots of things.

Would McCartney give Cabral the defensive coordinator position? How much would he pay?

I heard that UNC paid about $200,000 for their head coach. If CU can pay their coordinators more than that, and if Cabral was offered / interested in being CU's defensive coordinator - then I would think he would stay.

3. SteelCity Buff

SteelCity Buff Member

I don't recall Downing's exact salary when he took the UNC job, but I remember thinking that it was really low. Unless someone had an affinity for Colorado, I don't know how attractive that job is other than as a stepping stone. UNC has the cards stacked against them when it comes to facilities in their conference, probably moreso than the Buffs do in the b12.

4. BuffNut99

BuffNut99 Club Member Club Member

Head Coach = Mac
    Off Coord = EB
    Def Coord = Cabral

Do it.

5. Fight CU

Fight CU Club Member Club Member

yes!

6. CUFan

CUFan Welcome back Club Member

[video=youtube;Ra70O9nps6E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra70O9nps6E[/video]

7. rscmac

rscmac Club Member Club Member

I would love to see coach cabral come to greeley, but i would hate to see him leave CU.
    Who knows what bohn is going to do but im guessing if its not a cu guy than cabral maybe out.

8. mdelpizzo_1

mdelpizzo_1 My Dixie Wrecked Club Member

1. Mac HC
    2. Cabral DC
    3. EB OC
    4. ???
    5. Profit

Makes sense to me