1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mac plans to take 22 in this class

Discussion in 'University of Colorado Recruiting Archive' started by boydbuff, Jul 22, 2013.

1. boydbuff

boydbuff Club Member Club Member

According to Ringo's chat today he said that Mac plans on taking 22 in this class. That seems a bit higher than we have been assuming up until now. Obviously we have had some attrition and may have some more. I like that we can add more after the season gets started.

2. BuffNut99

BuffNut99 Club Member Club Member

Kyle is getting bombarded with some pretty good questions today. I imagine him at his home PC workstation, suddenly sitting up straight in panic, with potato chips falling off of his sweatpants.

3. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

Mac expecting some attrition... he also obviously doesn't like the roster we have

4. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

He just types what his wife tells him to type.

5. Idot Buff

Idot Buff Club Member Club Member

My vision exactly!

6. BuffNut99

It's more so the attrition... his attitude toward the players he is inheriting is much more positive than our last two coaches, who practically went out of their way to alienate many players who weren't "their guys." MikeMac, by contrast, is bringing everyone together and could give a **** who recruited who.

7. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

Wow. By my count, that means 7-8 more in the attrition column....

8. ShaneHoover

ShaneHoover Club Member Club Member

BuffNut I was posting as ChiBuff there. I thought he was surprisingly upbeat in his responses about PRPs. Found it un-Ringo like.

I have to say, the Hobbs and G Thomas situations do not sound promising however, can't blame those kids if they move closer to home so long as they an graduate somewhere.

9. BuffNut99

Yeah, I saw you. I couldn't resist taking a shot at Ringo since sometimes his chats are dead and today he had to be on his toes. I've been asking him about Hobbs and G. Thomas for months (since he is supposed to know best), but I don't think he has any idea what's going on with either. I asked him about Hobbs' absence in the Spring and he said that "he looked great out there" or something when it was common knowledge on AllBuffs that Hobbs wasn't even in Colorado.

10. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

That doesn't mean he thinks everyone can play at this level...

11. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

Interesting since the number Adam got directly from Mac awhile back was 16-18 or so. Definitely makes you wonder about Hobbs and Thomas.

12. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Also about some 4th year juniors and their likelihood of getting a 5th year under scholarship.

13. patebuff

patebuff Downgraded to half a star Club Member

With what Mac has said about former walk-ons earning scholarships, this doesn't surprise me. Be interesting to watch what happens