What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

MacIntyre's embarrassing himself

It isn't like CU screwed him over. RG went to bat for him, got him significant raises and he hasn't delivered his end of the bargain. I don't understand why he has to try and blame CU for his failures. RG has given him nearly everything to be successful.

People in his situation will often come up for justifications for their performance that has nothing to do with them. It’s always somebody else’s fault or factors beyond their control. There’s usually some truth to those justifications, but that doesn’t really matter. What matters is that your employer has come to the conclusion that you are no longer suited for the job you have. His reasons for coming to that conclusion are largely irrelevant, and any rationalizations to the contrary, while possibly based in fact, don’t make any difference.

Starting to get really cranky about coach BIG mac. Wish he could just relish the COTY honors that Leavitt won him.....

everyone chill. if indicators are accurate, we've just seen the last presser of mm as hc here. he handled the last one with grace and dignity. he was more raw this time. if we have to watch any more of this play out in public, then i will be as pissed as some of you. but, i am going on the assumption that the 6 years he was here and mostly tried to do the right thing and say the right thing are better indicators of who he is as a person than this very stressful last moment for him.

let's thank him for pulling us out of a fire and delivering the magical 2016 season. i will always remember that year fondly. we're about to upgrade and put our big boy football pants back on. as i said in another thread, let's take the high road-- we've seen a lot of coaches in this position and they don't always acquit themselves well. they are very competitive people.

everyone chill. if indicators are accurate, we've just seen the last presser of mm as hc here. he handled the last one with grace and dignity. he was more raw this time. if we have to watch any more of this play out in public, then i will be as pissed as some of you. but, i am going on the assumption that the 6 years he was here and mostly tried to do the right thing and say the right thing are better indicators of who he is as a person than this very stressful last moment for him.

let's thank him for pulling us out of a fire and delivering the magical 2016 season. i will always remember that year fondly. we're about to upgrade and put our big boy football pants back on. as i said in another thread, let's take the high road-- we've seen a lot of coaches in this position and they don't always acquit themselves well. they are very competitive people.
OK. You win. I was going to save this rant as a thread topic for the offseason, but you made me realize I need to step away from the MM talk.
a-toy-in-the-morning-would-be-nice-136457.jpg

Ultimately who cares, it's a guy who was pissy and passive aggressive in his last press conference with a program. However it does blow my mind that these professionals who are paid millions of dollars are unable to separate their emotions from the moment. Dragging the program through the mud and worse treating the press disrespectfully only serves to make MM look like an ass. How these coaches can't see the forest through the trees is beyond me. Best of luck, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Ultimately who cares, it's a guy who was pissy and passive aggressive in his last press conference with a program. However it does blow my mind that these professionals who are paid millions of dollars are unable to separate their emotions from the moment. Dragging the program through the mud and worse treating the press disrespectfully only serves to make MM look like an ass. How these coaches can't see the forest through the trees is beyond me. Best of luck, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

the man's job performance is scrutinized by the public every day. he has media on his ass. he has boosters on his ass. he gets to hear anonymous reports of his own firing. and like all successful coaches, he's more competitive than nearly anyone in any other walk of life. like most people, i have had my work criticized, reviewed, and dissected and it feels like ****. especially when there ARE mitigating factors. now try to take that in public.

it wasn't his finest moment. i'm hoping the public part of this is now over.

the man's job performance is scrutinized by the public every day. he has media on his ass. he has boosters on his ass. he gets to hear anonymous reports of his own firing. and like all successful coaches, he's more competitive than nearly anyone in any other walk of life. like most people, i have had my work criticized, reviewed, and dissected and it feels like ****. especially when there ARE mitigating factors. now try to take that in public.

Dude makes $3.3 million per annum to compensate him. A big chunk of his pay is specifically designated for his media responsibilities. He’a gotta suck it up and be a pro.

He coaches at CU. It is not a high pressure environment.

I thank him tremendously for 2016, but that time has passed. He shouldn't be up there s******* on CU and act as if he has no responsibility for the clown show since utah 2016.

He got cu out of a hole, thanks and now they are back in it record wise and recruiting.

Seems like RG is waiting for that magic 6th win that 99.9% of buff nation know isn't coming.

That was a strange way to end the presser. I understand bringing up the fires in CA and what not but the story about the man who followed the fox? And it didn't seem like anyone knew about it. I tried looking it up online and didn't see anything...

Hoping for 1 more win and then whatever is best for Mike and CU after that.

I thank him tremendously for 2016, but that time has passed. He shouldn't be up there s******* on CU and act as if he has no responsibility for the clown show since utah 2016.

He got cu out of a hole, thanks and now they are back in it record wise and recruiting.

Seems like RG is waiting for that magic 6th win that 99.9% of buff nation know isn't coming.
Change is the greatest catalyst. I think just firing MacIntyre and replacing him with ANYBODY on the staff for the
Last game would get us our sixth win. (See Hawkins firing...except that was with 3 games left).

That was a strange way to end the presser. I understand bringing up the fires in CA and what not but the story about the man who followed the fox? And it didn't seem like anyone knew about it. I tried looking it up online and didn't see anything...

Hoping for 1 more win and then whatever is best for Mike and CU after that.
Does MM have the same agent as Kevin Spacey?

What are peoples thought on MM if we play hard, beat Cal then make it to a bowl game and win? Would a 7-6 record with a bowl win change his public perception?

Back