1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mack Brown to get 4 year extension???

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by 77buff, Jan 26, 2012.

1. 77buff

77buff Well-Known Member

2. BuffUp

BuffUp W.T.T.F. Club Member

Texas is funny like that it is all about winning, Ooops guess not national championships. He has only won 1 ?

3. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

Texas entering the late Bowden FSU years about now.

Mack always a much better recruiter than coach anyway. He claps well on the sideline though

4. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

Stoops claps more with his funky pinkie

5. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

Stoops is ten times the coach of Mack too

6. GregInArlington

GregInArlington Well-Known Member

Mack has never taken control of the actual "coaching," that's not his role on the team. He is basically the AD of the football team, or as he says the "CEO." He recruits the best players he can, and hires the best coaches he can, while keeping big name donors away from the kids yet still donating, so Texas doesn't get the death penalty like Alabama and Auburn will in a few years. He puts the pieces in place, and lets his assistants do all the hands on work.

7. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Mack has never been known as much of a game day coach. Or, for that matter, a game prep coach. He is, as GIA says, a CEO type. I think the analogy of Bobby Bowden in his last 4-5 years is fairly accurate.

8. aik

aik Club Member Club Member

Yeah, well earned I'm sure. Why not just make him the highest paid Director of Recruiting in the country?

9. Creebuzz

Creebuzz Club Member Club Member

Strange extension. I thought 2012 would likely be his last year.

10. J.R. Ewing

J.R. Ewing Club Member Club Member

Spoke to my UT contact down here. Sounds like Mack had a pretty up and down year. Really invigorated and involed early in teh season and after wins, but was depressed and no were to be found after losses. The UT faithful are wondering if the 4 year extension is just to make recruits fell warm and fuzzy. Rumor's flying that he needs to hand over to one of the coordinators much sooner than that.

Oh, and they think they might be bringing in Peterson as well....

11. 30Something

30Something Distinguished Brotha Club Member

Texas 2012 = Penn State 2011????

12. Jens1893

Jens1893 Moderator Club Member Junta Member

A bit odd they gave him another 4 years when he still had 5 years left on his contract. It´s all irrelevant tho as hell never be fired anyway, so the buyout won´t be an issue.

13. Burrito Palazzo

Burrito Palazzo huff my smug Club Member

Texas has foundered in the last couple of years, that last thing their head coach needs is job security.

14. GregInArlington

After the failures of the 80s and 90s once Darryl Royal left, Mack Brown is welcome to stay as long as he wants - with a winning record. There's only so much he can do now until they find a QB. They are one crucial player short of an excellent team.

Problem is the big QB they recruited this year was the worst player on the field in the high school all-star game he played in. Uh-oh!!

15. Burrito Palazzo

Burrito Palazzo huff my smug Club Member

I don't think the quality of the QB is the problem. They have 17 **** hot QB players/recruits. They can't get anything out of them. --> Coaching.

16. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Offering RG3 as a safety and not giving Andrew Luck the time of day at a Junior Day tells me it is a bit of both.

17. GregInArlington

They were rated so high because they won state championships, and one was Colt's little brother. You don't have to be a good QB to win at that level.

18. aik

aik Club Member Club Member

He got a concussion in that game too, didn't he? String of bad luck + bad evaluating + lack of development once on campus. Defense will be a beast but if any of their running game gets injured or the O-line falters they're in for another sub-9 win season which is not their standard and will get the boosters angry and the students apathetic again.