1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mandel or Griffen?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by rodrigo, Jul 15, 2009.

1. rodrigo

rodrigo Well-Known Member

2. 96 Buff

96 Buff Resident Commie Bastard Club Member Junta Member

**** 'em both.

3. NashBuff

NashBuff CSU Knob-Slobberer

Whoa there...Mandel really ticked off the Cornboys when he left Dr. Tom off his Top 5 Coaches list because he was "bland". One can't forget how Dr. Tom fared against Barry Switzer head-to-head and how half of the 1997 National Championship was handed to him as a retirement gift.

4. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

He was off to a good start. I thought this comment was interesting:

(With luck at the TE position, we could well have 3 of the 4 elements in place. The last one, however? Ouch.)

But then he went right into the tank...

:puke::puke::puke::puke:

5. Hugegroove

Hugegroove Club Member Club Member

Stewart Mandel is the lesser of two evils. I'm trying to contain myself from writing anything about Tim "the hack" Griffen.

[​IMG]

6. rodrigo

rodrigo Well-Known Member

Yeah. But the "referendum on humanity" part was pretty hilarious.

7. NW Buff

NW Buff Club Member Club Member

I actually like Mandel. I'm probably in the minority around here but I think he writes a pretty entertaining column and has some well thought out reasoning behind what he writes. He believes that early seasons polls are silly and is happy to throw his out when it is clear that the season is is not playing out the way people thought.

He also loves to poke certain fan bases in the eye.

Given a job where you are bound to piss off a bunch of people every week, I think he's pretty good.

8. wsp4820

wsp4820 Sally Club Member Junta Member

I think Mandel is one of the better writers out there for any sport. I always read the mailbag because he gives you a common sense perspective about a sport that has very little common sense.

9. MattThompson

MattThompson Banned BANNED

I thought the piece was well written personally. He didn't give any love to nebraska at all which nets him extra brownie points. If anything, he made fun of the nu fan in regards to the humanity comment and then he backed up his top 5 list saying that Stoops would be a better option! I smiled when I read that, thinkning back to when we beat OU at Folsom Field, one helluva game! This article got me to thinking about when we ran the option back in the day with Hagan, Bienemy, and Flannigan, we were close to unstoppable then; I wouldn't mind seeing that type of play again. I think hansen could handle it but Cody I doubt as he doesn't run well out of the pocket and crumbles under pressure.