What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mark Johnson, Voice of the Buffs

Gary Barnett is really good at analysis/ commentary. I appreciate his explanations on why certain plays work or not. Far better than listening to Rick Lewis who just tries to emphasize the personal side of the players

I love his enthusiasm and his loyalty and his interviews. But the touchdown, touchdown colorado at a 747 takeoff level is a bit much.
I like it, it’s his signature as a play by play. A lot of SEC guys also seem to get that excited about tds as well

I love his enthusiasm and his loyalty and his interviews. But the touchdown, touchdown colorado at a 747 takeoff level is a bit much.

No. My only complaint with that video was there were so many touchdowns they forgot one. Pipes is solid. He can call these games as long as he wants, and this is all he does now right? If we hear that as often this Saturday as we did on Friday night, this is going to be a very happy fanbase.

Gary Barnett is really good at analysis/ commentary. I appreciate his explanations on why certain plays work or not. Far better than listening to Rick Lewis who just tries to emphasize the personal side of the players

Big Al or Tyler Polumbus would be an upgrade over Rick Lewis.

The thing that bugs me most about his style is how he gets nearly as excited when the opposition has a big play. I listened to the goats play the 'bows last week on Sirius, and the play caller little brother (vast improvement over the old, old dude) called that scenario well, imo.

I think I relate Mark to CU's losing to much to be a bigger fan right now. Start winning consistently, and I'm sure he'll be a legend.

The thing that bugs me most about his style is how he gets nearly as excited when the opposition has a big play. I listened to the goats play the 'bows last week on Sirius, and the play caller little brother (vast improvement over the old, old dude) called that scenario well, imo.

I think I relate Mark to CU's losing to much to be a bigger fan right now. Start winning consistently, and I'm sure he'll be a legend.

Does Gary Miller from Channel 4 still do their games?

“And Colorado breaks the huddle and comes to the line. Trips right. Trips left. There’s the snap. Montez drops back and there’s the pass! KD NIXON HAS IT AT THE FORTY. AND HES TO THE THIRTY! TWENTY! TEN! FIVE! TWO! ONE! TOUCHDOWN!!!! TOUCHDOWN COLORADO!!”

Look peeps, I will take mark calling cu touchdowns over al Michael's horrific last play superbowl call any day but you know damn well his touchdown calls are ear splitting, it's cool, it means were actually scoring!

Another plus vote for him.

The guy cares about the Buffs and has a passion for what he does.

It's college football, it is supposed to be emotional.

“And Colorado breaks the huddle and comes to the line. Trips right. Trips left. There’s the chest high snap. Montez drops back and there’s the pass! KD NIXON HAS IT AT THE FORTY. AND HES TO THE THIRTY! TWENTY! TEN! FIVE! TWO! ONE! TOUCHDOWN!!!! TOUCHDOWN COLORADO!!”
Fify

“And Colorado breaks the huddle and comes to the line. Trips right. Trips left. There’s the snap. Montez drops back and there’s the pass! KD NIXON HAS IT AT THE FORTY. AND HES TO THE THIRTY! TWENTY! TEN! FIVE! TWO! ONE! TOUCHDOWN!!!! TOUCHDOWN COLORADO!!”
I will take that anyday compared to what we used to get.
“And Colorado breaks the huddle and comes to the line. Twins right, single setback. There’s the snap. Webb looks left, looks right, and there’s the pass! WEBB RIFLES IT TO EBNER. HE HAS IT AT THE TWENTY TWO. TO THE TWENTY THREE, FOR A GAIN OF 3 YARDS! BRINGS UP 4TH AND 7 FOR THE BUFFALOES.”

Back