1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marqise Lee injured at USC's practice today

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Duff Man, Aug 9, 2013.

1. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Hope it is not serious.

2. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

That sucks.

3. cmgoods

cmgoods Olympic Sports Mod Club Member

I thought that I saw somewhere that it was a shoulder injury but wasn't that serious.

4. schubeal

schubeal Club Member Club Member

That sucks x2. Lee is the most exciting player in the Pac-12.

5. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

Read that he left practice early after a fall

6. The Ogre

The Ogre Club Member Club Member

Hopefully he makes a nearly full recovery, only to reinjure it on the first series of the CU/U$C game, but recovers the following day. That's all I know.

7. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

Sounds like it isn't to serious which is good, never like to see a player hurt.

Unfortunately him playing or not isn't going to make much difference for the Buffs. USC is so far ahead of us in talent that it would take them completely not showing up for us to beat them.

It could make a difference for them in the season picture and longer. He is a difference maker, the kind of player who can make plays that determine if close games are won or lost.

The rumblings I have heard are that Trojanland isn't happy with how last year turned out and aren't happy with Kiffen. Another year losing games that the $C fans think they should be winning and Kiffen may be on his way out. Lee could be the determining factor in some of those games.

In that context I hope he is healthy and plays. The longer Kiffen is the coach there the better it is for the rest of the PAC. With their built in recruiting advantages I don't want to think about them hiring somebody competent before Kiffen has a chance to rot them to the foundation.

8. SuperD

SuperD Club Member Club Member

Plus if you're a Bronco's fan you may have an extra incentive to want Kiffen to stay on, since I believe Del Rio is a USC alum and may be the top of their list assuming they don't do something crazy like try to hire away Saban or something. We're fortunate that the timing didn't work out with Jeff Fisher and that he quickly got hired for another NFL gig.

9. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

I'm betting Kiffin will need a 10+ win season this year to save his job and no way do I see them getting there considering their QB situation.

10. MtnBuff

Reportedly Lee has a shoulder injury and was wearing a sling.

Last year SC ended up 7-6 with a QB who the year before was being touted by some as the top QB in the draft. Kiffen managed to lose the team and lost 5 of his last 6. I think saying they won't win 10 is a very safe bet.

11. buffaholic

buffaholic Club Member Club Member

We beat USC this year. mark it down

12. MtnBuff

The Kool-aid keeps telling me they are primed to lose to someone like us and with Kiffen anything is possible. Then I think back to the last couple years and realize that they have so much better athletes than we do that even on our best day and their worst it is a mismatch.

I sure hope you are right but my head just won't let me believe it. On the other hand even Hawkins managed to beat Oklahoma and Georgia so . . . . . . . . . .

If we do, and assuming that USC is falling apart would that be enough for them to fire him mid-season?

13. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

I fully expect USC to be in complete freefall before we play them

14. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

"Better you than me."

15. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

I wouldn't put money on it, but they'll be coming in here late in the season. it'll be cold. They'll be beat up and will be overlooking us with UCLA just a week or two away for them. CU has never beaten USC. Ever. I'm not predicting it, but depending on what their psyche is like, they could be ripe for an upsset. They lose one or two games every year to a dog**** team like CU.