What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Maybe CU Was A Bit Overrated ?

CU lost to four top ten teams. Yes, they got blasted in the last two, but they took care of business against the rest of the field. Of those four, they lead Michigan in the 3rd quarter, at Michigan before injuries to their QB and stud DE. Then they lost a close one to USC, at USC. This was a very good CU team - top 20 is not over rated for this team.

I don't buy that we were overrated. We beat some very good teams and stayed close to teams that were much better than OKstate. After we became South champs I think we lost our steam. Every bowl season we see teams that use December to take it to an all new level, and teams that think they are good enough to mail it in (look at how bad Vegas predicts the bowls). Unfortunately, we were the later this year. So we are over-rated if we are ranked in the top 10 in January.

OKstate wasn't that good at all on D and was not as good as we made them look on O. I saw open CU receivers all night...Sefo/Montez just didn't have time to see them. On the other side, we gave Rudolph all the time any decent QB would need to pick us apart. We were ill-prepared.

The Buffs played like a top 15 team through about 7? games. The ASU game was their last really dominant game. They still managed to beat 4 good teams after that even though depth and health were fading. They ran out of gas pretty badly the last 2 games, but what an awesome season.

Last edited:
They mentioned on tv that Chido had turf toe. I've never had that before but heard it's a painful mother****er.
I've had turf toe for two years. I will never push off with that foot again in my life. I don't know how he played, honestly.

I've had turf toe for two years. I will never push off with that foot again in my life. I don't know how he played, honestly.
Tough kid man, that's why he played at least. Hell, you could tell something was up. Then they mentioned it.

I think "overachieved" is a better word, meaning that we probably played above our talent level for most of the season. Which is a credit to the team, of course, not a criticism.

The thing about overachieving teams though is that they rarely overachieve all year, and we certainly came back to earth with a thud in December.

We were the lowest ranked 10 win team - exactly where we should have been. We shouldn't have been higher or lower.

I have different theory and it has to do with playing on a big stage. This team matured and learned how to win, but winning big games and winning games youre supposed to win takes a different mentality. I know it seems simple but no one on this team(coaches included) know how to win big pressure games. This is not a knock on anyone, just stating this is an unfamiliar path for us and we didn't respond well as a team.

The team that showed up the last two games was the same one that played at USC. Mentally unprepared which lead to dumb penalties and stiff play. I have a feeling that this has to do with years of losing and the toll it took on coaches/players. This can be fixed and it will.

No doubt losing leavitt will hurt(and it was obvious we didnt have the fire on D last night either) but we have a good HC and I trust he'll right the ship. We will be better on a big stage in the future. All in all in a great season that vastly exceeded anyone's expectations, and I'm so proud of this team despite the way we finished.

I have different theory and it has to do with playing on a big stage. This team matured and learned how to win, but winning big games and winning games youre supposed to win takes a different mentality. I know it seems simple but no one on this team(coaches included) know how to win big pressure games. This is not a knock on anyone, just stating this is an unfamiliar path for us and we didn't respond well as a team.

The team that showed up the last two games was the same one that played at USC. Mentally unprepared which lead to dumb penalties and stiff play. I have a feeling that this has to do with years of losing and the toll it took on coaches/players. This can be fixed and it will.

No doubt losing leavitt will hurt(and it was obvious we didnt have the fire on D last night either) but we have a good HC and I trust he'll right the ship. We will be better on a big stage in the future. All in all in a great season that vastly exceeded anyone's expectations, and I'm so proud of this team despite the way we finished.
My theory is that we don't have all the horses needed to beat very good teams.

We were ranked higher than that better team, therefore we were overrated, right? Isn't that like the very definition of overrated?
I don't pay much attention to rankings, you find out who is who as ya go. Top to bottom, they were flat better. We didn't exactly help ourselves though.

I don't pay much attention to rankings, you find out who is who as ya go. Top to bottom, they were flat better. We didn't exactly help ourselves though.
You don't pay attention to the rankings, but you're sure we weren't overrated. You never disappoint Luke.

I don't think we were overrated, we played a team with more talent at pretty much every position. Played one our worst games this year to top it off. It happens. I'm not gonna tell those guys they were overrated though, that's chicken****.

Back