1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MBB: CU hosts Texas Pan-Am tonight

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by Buffnik, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

On my way.

7pm tipoff.

Game is on FS-RM for those of you who want to watch it.

:gobuffs:

2. Idot Buff

Idot Buff Club Member Club Member

Where in the hell is Texas Pan-Am? I live down here in hell, and even I have never heard of it.

3. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

Need a convincing W here.

4. Tractor

Tractor Club Member Club Member

Working tonight, can't make it :(

Hope they play well. Go Buffs!

5. BuffLuKe

BuffLuKe Club Member Club Member

I believe it's in Edinburg.

6. Idot Buff

Scotland? :lol:

7. BuffLuKe

Yeah Long Shanks used to coach there, didnt you know?

8. 4DemBuffs

4DemBuffs Most admired poster Club Member

sweet. blacked out here in the upstate of SC on DTV. gotta make sure the "locals" cant see it so you get the sellout. :thumbsup:

9. BuffLuKe

Blacked out here too, I havent seen a game yet cause all the others have been blacked out here as well.

10. 4DemBuffs

makes so much sense. guess they thought we would car pool to the game or something.

meh, its raining here anyway and the damn DTV has shown a picture for about 8 of the last 25 minutes. so, i have that going for me too.

11. Buffnik

Can't get much read off this game.

Up 77-55 with about 3 minutes to go.

Oregon State on Saturday will be the big game. Can't wait.

12. 4DemBuffs

a 22 point lead with 3 min left is enough of a read for me when it comes to this program. take it and ****ing run like you are being chased by courtney love yeilding a needle she has just used and dont look the **** back.

:gobuffs:

13. Idot Buff

22 point lead over a team from BF Texas....sweet.

14. 4DemBuffs

take it and ****ing run. never said you had to be proud about it.

15. Idot Buff

Better than losing to God Damn Harvard....I hear you....

16. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

Any chance of getting the Big XII and NCAA tourneys moved to CEC?? This time might go winless on the road and still win the national title... :lol:

17. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

Wasn't able to make the game tonight, but it's great to hear of Roberson's play. This team badly needs someone besides Burks and Higgins to step up, and this soft defense has to end to have any hope of success. Looking forward to the Oregon State game, need to take care of business before the tourney in Vegas to have a shot at salvaging the season

18. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

my take on the game. The offense is starting to look much better. There is quite a bit more movement and guys are looking to pass the ball more than they did the first few games. It is still going to take some time, but they are looking better on offense. On defense I think we are still allergic to playing zone defense. It seems there is always one player from the other team that gets open off screens and bombs 3 all night on us.

19. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

effort on D is still really spotty, especially from Burks. Higgins is getting better, but Burks was really dogging it on the D end, and often seemed out of breath. What's up with that kid?

20. GoBuffs!!

GoBuffs!! Active Member

I am amazed, Boyle seemed to have to take him out somewhat often because he looked tired on defense. As good as he is, I think he needs one more year in the collegiate levels to really boost his NBA stock.

21. Buffnik

Loved the ball movement last night. I think we finished with over 20 assists. Amazing how much better our shooting gets when we move the ball around. :wink2:

As Boyle said after the game, our 2nd half defense sucked. They scored 45 and shot over 50%. Lazy with the lead. Also, he complained about settling for forced 3s when the shot clock was getting low instead of driving to the basket and getting a better chance at going to the foul line or getting an offensive rebound off of breaking down the defense.

Personal observation is right there with Snow. Our perimeter defense sucks. We don't challenge shooters enough. And Burks is either playing lazy defense or going for steals. If he doesn't get a steal or tip, he rarely stays on it and plays through the possession. I think we hid this in our zone last year.

Roberson keeps improving. Mills shows skill and tenacity (just not physically ready for the Big 12). Sharpe keeps looking better but hasn't found his shot yet. Austin's being more aggressive. Relphorde's game is a roller coaster. Levi has looked like our MVP and I've become a huge fan of his. Nate went out early with a neck thing so no comment. Higgins looks like he has finally found his shot and is settling into Boyle's system (he looks good and also seems to be playing angry - we need that).

22. Scotch

Scotch Registered User Club Member Junta Member

:nod: Burks needs to forget about his newspaper clippings over the off season and get with it. Playing lazy on both sides of the ball.

23. Ruckus

Ruckus Peep my words. Club Member

He's dragging out there. Despite his athleticism, it still looks like he has heavy legs. Saw him heaving for breath a few times last night. Hopefully he just has a cold or something, but it didn't look very good. I hope the hype hasn't gotten to his head. He needs to realize he has already been noticed and doesn't need insane stats to be drafted really high. The scouts know he has skill, they need to see the rest. Defense, energy, leadership, effort, fundamentals, etc.

24. GoBuffs!!

GoBuffs!! Active Member

I hope he has a bit of a cold too, didnt someone play at harvard with the flu?

I think Boyle's game plan really fits within his skills, and he has the athleticism to achieve it, its now a matter of the endurance. It seems as if the whole team is a little slower than they need to be. I will bet those guys wont be in the weight room as much next summer as they will be out running on the track.