1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Media Barbecues Jones

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by InTheBuff, Dec 7, 2012.

1. InTheBuff

InTheBuff Club Member Club Member

2. Shldr2Shldr

Shldr2Shldr Club Member Club Member

He played the game. Played it well. Its the business. I hate it but it is what it is.

3. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Honestly, and I can't stand the guy, the writer sounds kind of whiny.

BTW, was just watching Around the Horn. Plaske and Jones both love the hire. I know we all want him to get his comeuppance, but he is a good coach, and he may do very well at Tennessee.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  4. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

'Marked

5. boydbuff

boydbuff Club Member Club Member

He may have played the game well but he didn't play it as it should be played. By most accounts he gave CU a verbal then strung it out, under the guise that he had to get all his ducks in a row and tell his team, only so that he could keep open other "better options".

That is completely unethical behaviour and I am convinced there are class coaches that wouldn't play it that way.

A classy guy would have told CU that he's super interested but honestly he needs more time because he is exploring other possibilities.

Furthermore he would not have his UC AD, et. all doing jumping jacks to try to restructure a deal when he had no intention of accepting an offer from them.

***hole

6. Chromeburn

Chromeburn Member

I think we dodged a bullet.

7. SECOBuffsFan

SECOBuffsFan Active Member

I understand it is business, but that won't stop me from hoping he has a long string of 4-8 or 5-7 seasons until he gets canned

8. boydbuff

boydbuff Club Member Club Member

+1 Kiffin Part 2

9. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

The ch. 7 guy just slammed BJ. Showed a clip from the presser w/tennessee. I didnt hear what butch said about Peyton Manning, but the sports anchor said CU is better off without Jones.

10. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

Poor butchy....

11. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

Two seasons of that (or even 6-6) and he's gone.

12. Alfred91

Alfred91 Club Member Club Member

I disagree with him playing the game "well". He played it, alright, and came out ahead, so props to him. But playing it well entails actually coming out looking like he isn't a POS. Dude used his own family as cover to stretch it out in order to field better offers, then came out with as transparent a lie as you will ever see to back out of the CU deal. Of course we were all going to hate what he did to us, but when the national guys are onto it, he didn't do a good job. He's on his way to being Petrino part deux.

I told a UT fan friend of mine that there's no way he fulfills his contract. He's either going to suck, and get canned within 3 years (fingers crossed) or he's going to do well and use that success to jump to something better (NFL, perhaps?). Once a snake, always a snake.

13. SuperiorBuff

SuperiorBuff Well-Known Member

Sounds like he and Tennessee deserve each other.

14. Buffenuf

Buffenuf massive tool

I call Bullsh** on that! Playing the game "well" means you showed ethical standards in all your dealing with all parties.Not that you alone benefitted.

BJ showed none!

He's just a greedy ass-clown who'll get his comeuppance when he goes 6-6 and the UT toothless-wonder fans start calling out his kids and wife in the grocery store and at school! Too funny!!

Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  15. Matador

Matador New Member

Media is lame. Barbecue a guy because he is an employee and tried to get the best deal for himself. I actually respect him more. We dont need any more guys who just love colorado and want to coach their dream team and ride their bikes to work. Give me a competitor who wants whats best for his family and wants to win. If we are a stepping stone because a guy gets us to 10 wins and moves on awesome by me. I own a business and have no interest in employees who dont try to get their maximum value. The media panders to the average mediocre person out there. No thanks. Not a jones fam bit not because he tried to be successful and maximize his worth. Everyone should spend more time dojng that

16. MiamiBuffs

MiamiBuffs Wᴉɐɯᴉ qnɟɟs Club Member

You left the ...and **** him! ...part off your paragraph.

17. ScottyBuff

ScottyBuff Well-Known Member

Reminds me more of Petrino when he was at Louisville and flirting with Auburn, then left Atlanta in the lurch to go to Arkansas. Everybody involved ended up worse off in the short term, but rebounded with their next hire; except the team that he never coached: Auburn who hired Chizik, won a BCS NC and then fell off years later.

18. Liver

Liver modded mod Club Member Junta Member

I hope he fails in a Hawkins level pit of despair.

19. Matador

Matador New Member

Remeber that everyone who loese in todays world never looks in the mirror. They cry foul and say not my fault. He must have cheated. Better to look in the mirror and say how do i get better so next time i win. Facts are ut is a much much better job right now. With that said can we please scheule them in three years so we can stomp them for some vindication

20. aeroxx

aeroxx New Member

Lol. Or he would have been honestly honest and said "I'm somewhat interested assuming I'm not offered by Tennessee or Wisconsin, and not said a week ago, "I intend to be the coach at Cinci"

This is like slick rick--being deceptive might get you ahead in the short term, but never in the long term.

21. GoonieBuff

GoonieBuff Not really Club Member

Does honestly honest just mean really, really, honest?

22. Matador

Matador New Member

Honestly ill be honestly honest. I dont honestly know what honestly honest means but if im being honest i dont honestly care. Honestly honest. Seriously. Honest

23. buffwings

buffwings Club Member Club Member

Fail.

24. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Ole'

25. Liver

Liver modded mod Club Member Junta Member

when that ****ing stupid rocky top song finally causes his brain to ooze out of his ears as he lay flappin' like a fish out of water on the sideline, wondering "the horror, the horror...", i shall reflect on this and judge him. he shall be found to be deserving of having his brain melted like a 99 cent candle from overexposure to rocky top.

and, ultimately, when he takes a big booster phallus up the keester in order to keep his job, we will be vindicated.

eat it, jones. eat it.

26. BuffaloChuck

BuffaloChuck Member

Hugh MAY. I'm thinking the odds are about 99-to-1 against him, though. Tenn simply doesn't have more than a sniffing veneer of football success. They get a few flashy players, occasionally together in the same years, but the State of Florida's rise in the last two decades only strips away Tenn's chances at snagging any good player that doesn't go to Bama, LSU or Georgia. Even Auburn's had more success in the last 30 years.

Tenn really needs the State of Florida schools to crumple completely and give them any shot at the 'leftover' studs. And then hope Miss State rolls over forever.

27. buffaholic

buffaholic Club Member Club Member

Every day is Opposite Day with DBT.

28. Burrito Palazzo

Burrito Palazzo huff my smug Club Member

I don't blame him. I do think Tenn is nightmare of misguided expectations and booster influence. He'll get his.

29. Marat

Marat New Member

A wise man once said, "Some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers." Hmm, maybe it wasn't a wise man but Garth Brooks instead. Not that anyone was praying for him or anything but the point is, yes, Colorado dodged a bullet with BJ. I am kinda happy that Tennessee was the one to step in front of that bullet and hire him. Colorado deserves better.

30. bombay

bombay Club Member Club Member

He's still a paranoid little redneck.