What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mel Tucker leaves CU for Michigan State

With his new budget for assistants, whomever he wants from this staff will follow him. This is so ****ing bad. I am gutted at this point for the recruits and anyone who loves this program. Tucker is an absolute piece of ****. Makes Skippy leaving look like a nice parting. What a POS

starts with the fans nationwide. no one is any longer content to have a good team that finishes 2nd or 3rd in the conference and goes to a good bowl. Everyone wants to be #1. for many, pro sports lost their luster with the constant trades, huge money (baseball they change rosters in September). families now are moving to other states, so their kids can be on championship teams. It's having the biggest house, the biggest car.
mel is just a sorry-ass example of folks with no decent values or pride. hope he has no success

You can blame him for his sociopathic behavior however.

He was all over the radio yesterday reiterating his commitment to CU, he was at a donors meeting fundraising THREE HOURS before this news broke. Typically, in the professional world it's a courtesy to give your employer a two week notice- not lie to your boss and coworkers to the point where they plan the entire future of the company around you.

Like I said, this is sociopathic ****.
Rick George was in the loop.

I'm p*****d. I want to her RG's thoughts on what happened. If MT left in the middle of the night and RG was not even given the opportunity to somehow match, the assistants should resist the $$ and stay. Doubtful that will happen. This is the worst stab in the back.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

This sucks, really, really liked Tucker. The PR around this was terrible. Mel should've never came out with his Tweet if he didn't believe it. He should've just said I have to entertain the MSU offer because I'm from Cleveland and yada yada. But he didn't, instead he blew smoke up our arse.

I can understand it though. For more than double the pay, I'm packing up from my current job too. I wonder if there was any sort of counter offer.

To me, this whole ordeal is a slap in the face to CU. I'm sick and tired of being reminded how CU plays on the lower end of big time college athletics. Barring some sort of a miracle, like the current recruits rallying to stay at CU, recruiting is going to take a huge hit on this one for the next few years (recruits look at this crap obviously).

As far as the next coach goes, I have no idea where to turn. EB will not and should not come here. He'll get paid a ton more money for biding his time at KC and getting a HC position in the NFL. Sad day for Buff Nation.

I hope this is just a money thing and not something rotten in the AD/school.
MSU AD is a mess right now. They are throwing the dice after the search was going so terribly. I think MT is a good coach, and passes the eye test. But, he is not a proven coach. CU still has some strong headwinds to overcome in order to be successful.

The last 15 years of CU football and then this.

Rational thinking could be outside in that freezing weather today. Right now I'm not sure what I'm going to do on Saturdays next season.

Back