What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mel Tucker leaves CU for Michigan State

I don’t see any reason why if this wasn’t true, MT, RG, ANYONE wouldn’t have shot it down by now. What’s the point of ignoring it if it wasn’t true?

He has some ties, maybe it’s a courtesy. I still don’t understand it and this is some odd timing.

No, I want the devout liberals on this site on to understand that a left wing dominated BOR may destroy the CU football program. Not that it will matter, because the ideologues on the left on this site will never admit the truth.
If people are fans of the Buffs and are on this site, then they are not the type of idealogues you speak of. Too much has been invested to go back and destroy a program.

We all knew that if and when MT became successful we’d have to deal with potential poachers. The only surprise is it happening now and well after coaching searches normally take place. If Mel continues to build success at CU, this will be the norm and one day may happen. I don’t believe it will happen this time though.

Best case scenario... Ficknell takes the MSU job and Tucker gets a raise .... right ?

if Tucker interviews after one year at CU, he wants out and his time is short. There is no reason to support a coach who does not want to be here. Not that I blame him.

if Tucker interviews after one year at CU, he wants out and his time is short. There is no reason to support a coach who does not want to be here. Not that I blame him.
Maybe this is a way to ask for more $$ for his coaching staff.....

This could actually be a good thing. It may unite some big donors to step up to sweeten the salary pot. Who knows? All things work together for the good for those that believe.

This guy is supposed to be a professional journalist lol. Regardless of the validity, that's not how you approach that situation. Tool.

Hey Bread.... don't you have some type of connection to the Dal Ward ? What's actually going on here?

I don’t doubt that a lot of coaches interview in order to leverage a raise from their current employer, but how common is that after 1 year at a new job?
Perhaps the 5-7 1st year record didn’t help with the argument for a raise, so Mel is looking at a different strategy,

If this is ignorant I am sorry, but when flying who stops for fuel? Aren't flights supposed to carry enough fuel for their destination plus time/distance to the next available airport to receive their landing? Maybe that's just commercial rules and Private is different?

The main point being that none of the flight aware timeline matches up, or is even remotely realistic. That said, if you really want to quibble over an expression for a quick stop somewhere, feel free to PM me.

Anyone track any flights from Centennial To Front Range? Centennial is close to Cherry Creek isn’t it?

Back