What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mel Tucker leaves CU for Michigan State

Are we just juggling our nuts or is there any notion out there that Mel to LSU is a possibility?

Personally, I want LSU to grab Urb, so he doesn't go to SC.

Are we just juggling our nuts or is there any notion out there that Mel to LSU is a possibility?

Personally, I want LSU to grab Urb, so he doesn't go to SC.
Tucker made the LSU 247 site’s hot board. Others include Luke Fickell, Lincoln Riley, Mario Cristobal, Jimbo Fisher, Billy Napier, James Franklin, Matt Campbell, Dave Aranda, Steve Sarkisian, Bill O’Brien, Chris Petersen, Lane Kiffin. Urban was mentioned as a footnote if he leaves Jax.

Mel would upgrade his assistants. He knows who is good and as you say LSU would give him what it takes to get who he wants.

Wouldn't be a surprise if MSU brings him up like you say, and also gives him a budget to upgrade his assistants there as well.
So, this sounds like a WIN-WIN
Wouldn't Tucker's ultimate job have been or is Wisconsin?

Tucker made the LSU 247 site’s hot board. Others include Luke Fickell, Lincoln Riley, Mario Cristobal, Jimbo Fisher, Billy Napier, James Franklin, Matt Campbell, Dave Aranda, Steve Sarkisian, Bill O’Brien, Chris Petersen, Lane Kiffin. Urban was mentioned as a footnote if he leaves Jax.

That's the Who's Who of college coaching. If only CU could sniff the shoes of these men.

So, this sounds like a WIN-WIN
Wouldn't Tucker's ultimate job have been or is Wisconsin?
On the surface Wisconsin would look like his favored destination but at this point I don't think so.

Even though he is gone the Wisconsin program is still under the influence of the Barry Alvarez era (including a new AD who was an Alvarez disciple.) Mel is going to have other options where he doesn't have to deal with that.

On the surface Wisconsin would look like his favored destination but at this point I don't think so.

Even though he is gone the Wisconsin program is still under the influence of the Barry Alvarez era (including a new AD who was an Alvarez disciple.) Mel is going to have other options where he doesn't have to deal with that.
MSU is still being watched like a hawk after the Nassar situation, so I actually think that if he is smart, he can go to LSU and not worry about pushing the limits of creative recruiting.

Tucker doesn’t seem like a guy who is nostalgic to the point where he views his alma mater as a dream job and that’s probably the only reason Wisconsin would be viewed as a better job than MSU to him. If he leaves MSU I think it would only be for a USC/LSU type of opening

Edit: Btw, is Tucker a candidate for USC? Would be a pretty funny troll job by Mike Bohn tbh

On second thought you all are probably right, LSU is a better job than MSU.

However does LSU snag a better coach than USC? I think they do.

I feel like you think that you are the voice of reason around here when, in actuality, you are delusional at best. You belong in the yahoo sports comment section.

#fire Karl Dorrell.

Dorrell should take a pay cut.

HIre an elite offensive genius cooridnator.

I don't consider myself to be the voice of reason. But voice of insanity is not difficult to identify.

Has any coach in the history of football taken a pay cut mid-contract? I highly doubt it and it's not realistic. What coach would say "Sure, I have been **** so I'll take a pay cut because I don't think I deserve my salary." That is a delusional thought process.

also LOL at the thought that RG could convince anyone to do something contractually in CU's favor.

Has any coach in the history of football taken a pay cut mid-contract? I highly doubt it and it's not realistic. What coach would say "Sure, I have been **** so I'll take a pay cut because I don't think I deserve my salary." That is a delusional thought process.

also LOL at the thought that RG could convince anyone to do something contractually in CU's favor.
Harbaugh took a pay cut, but that was for an extension. I think KD should take a pay cut. If the initial contract had a lower buyout, maybe he would. Put that money towards better assistants and try to parlay success into a second contract.

Harbaugh took a pay cut, but that was for an extension. I think KD should take a pay cut. If the initial contract had a lower buyout, maybe he would. Put that money towards better assistants and try to parlay success into a second contract.
Rick George should've never handed him that contract. It's almost like he had a contract drafted for Sark and was to lazy to make a new one for Dorrell.

Karl Dorrell shouldn't take any pay cut to parlay a 2nd contract. HIs contract is average compared to other FBS P5 schools. Should have asked for more money.

KD will probbaly do well at MSU. CU will be hoping for their genius elite top assistant offensive coordinator to spray magic dust on the program and win games overnight.
Nba Playoffs Reaction GIF by NBA

Back