What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Memories.....Coach Hawk

Dude proved after CU that he indeed was an idiot...whats the over under on how long he stays ay UC Davis...? I say 3.
HA! sounds right.....loved his recruiting though...."comes from a good family" "strong handshake"

Has enough time passed that we can laugh about his idiocy as opposed to crying about it?

Gawd. We hired simple jack and then compounded the problem by hiring a guy who had never been a coordinator, much less a head coach, but he was a BUFF, dammit.

It’s like we wanted to suck. Any time I find myself getting frustrated with MM, I just have to be reminded how he is light years better than the last two coaches we had in here.

Has enough time passed that we can laugh about his idiocy as opposed to crying about it?

Gawd. We hired simple jack and then compounded the problem by hiring a guy who had never been a coordinator, much less a head coach, but he was a BUFF, dammit.

It’s like we wanted to suck. Any time I find myself getting frustrated with MM, I just have to be reminded how he is light years better than the last two coaches we had in here.

I agree with you, but I think the expectations on MM need to rise now. He's done what he was asked to do when he accepted this job in 2012-Take what was probably the worst power five program in the country and make it competitive. Now its time to take what's a competitive program and turn it into one that goes to bowl games in 7-8 years out of 10, if not more.

I agree with you, but I think the expectations on MM need to rise now. He's done what he was asked to do when he accepted this job in 2012-Take what was probably the worst power five program in the country and make it competitive. Now its time to take what's a competitive program and turn it into one that goes to bowl games in 7-8 years out of 10, if not more.
MM is a really good coach, but does he have the chops to produce a consistent winner or is he a turnaround guy? He’s proven the latter, time will tell on the former.

My family knew the Tharps, my brother played with Taylor and I played with Tucker at Fairview. When Taylor was up at Boise, he wasn't sad to see Hawkins leave for CU. He told us that Peterson was the brains of the operation. Sucks that he was right about this. I do think if somehow Dick Tharp had survived the scandal in 2004, we don't hire Hawkins and Peterson would have been considered for the CU job. But if, if if.

My family knew the Tharps, my brother played with Taylor and I played with Tucker at Fairview. When Taylor was up at Boise, he wasn't sad to see Hawkins leave for CU. He told us that Peterson was the brains of the operation. Sucks that he was right about this. I do think if somehow Dick Tharp had survived the scandal in 2004, we don't hire Hawkins and Peterson would have been considered for the CU job. But if, if if.

Don't agree-I don't know if I see a guy who was the OC at Boise taking a P5 job. I think Tharp probably would have pulled off another power conference coach or coordinator at that point.

Don't agree-I don't know if I see a guy who was the OC at Boise taking a P5 job. I think Tharp probably would have pulled off another power conference coach or coordinator at that point.
I am not sure if that happens, but the Tharps did know Peterson on a personal level. One can dream.

He played quite good against OU when CU beat them at home.
He would have been the perfect backup QB. He was a student of the game. He’s a smart kid who knows how the game is played. He has physical limitations that other teams can prepare for and counter when they know he is playing. He would have been a very effective backup.

Cody was/is a good kid who should have never been the starting quarterback for any D-1 football program.
I hate to say it, but in the context of CU this is completely untrue. Cody is still #2 all time CU passing yards if I recall. Not our best quarterback by a long shot, but look at the past 20 years- Sefo, Hansen, Klatt and Moschetti have him beat as QBs. Montez we will see. Not my favorite player but a good dude that gets unnecessary knocks because his Dad was a chump

I hate to say it, but in the context of CU this is completely untrue. Cody is still #2 all time CU passing yards if I recall. Not our best quarterback by a long shot, but look at the past 20 years- Sefo, Hansen, Klatt and Moschetti have him beat as QBs. Montez we will see. Not my favorite player but a good dude that gets unnecessary knocks because his Dad was a chump
Agree. Cody was accurate and through a very catchable ball. Was just way too undersized, so if the OL didn't keep things totally clean he got overwhelmed.

Sometimes being the zen master leads you to 11 NBA Championships, and sometimes it leads you to be fired from an Austrian beer league football coach position.

I don’t disagree, but that doesn’t counter what I said. He was the perfect backup QB. Problem was that as a starter, opponents could prepare for his physical weaknesses and exploit them.

Back