1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Men's basketball: CU Buffs' Andre Roberson will mull NBA option

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by RSSBot, Mar 22, 2013.

1. RSSBot

RSSBot News Junkie

By Ryan Thorburn Buffzone.com

AUSTIN, Texas -- One more year! Buffs fans serenaded Andre Roberson with the chant after the 6-7 junior forward fouled out in the final seconds of Colorado's 57-49 loss to Illinois in the second round of the NCAA Tournament at the Erwin Center.

Originally posted by Daily Camera
    Click here to view the article.

2. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Good article by Thorburn.

Maybe things aren't so certain with Dre. Totally depends on what NBA folks say, it seems. He wasn't talking like he's gone. Maybe it's just the frustration of the moment and not wanting to go out like this. Maybe it's something more and we could return 5 starters next year.

Also, I didn't realize that 3 of Mayor's 4 fouls were on charges. I thought that last one was b.s. because the guy was in the circle, but he's got to use the jump stop more. (I'd also like to see him use the glass more, fwiw.)

3. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

I don't understand our schollarship #'s. If Dre stays, aren't they ****ed?

4. Buffnik

Tad doesn't seem worried.

5. Daaah

But why? I don't get it.

6. Buffnik

Someone else must be ending his CU career and it has not been announced yet. The talk of Tad potentially looking for rebounding help from a senior transfer if he had a 4th opening would seem to point to that 4th slot happening if Dre left, no? If Dre stays, there aren't enough minutes for a guy like that who's worth a crap to consider transferring here for his final year.

7. Daaah

Thanks. I didn't know there was talk of that. I don't follow basketball as closely as some here. Is it presumed to be Adams? Or maybe XT?

8. Buffnik

Speculation from fans has been either Mills transferring or Adams medically retiring. I honestly don't know. Both are plausible. And, of course, you never know if a freshman is going to get homesick or whatever (Keegan Hornbuckle was supposed to be a senior for us this year, after all).

9. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

He sounded gone to me