What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Michigan or OSU

I don't think it matters. One or the other will have two losses. If Wiscy can win the conference, it'll make a huge mess for the CFP committee. It's looking more and more likely that a two loss team will make the playoffs.

I think so. The CFP people like to say how important it is for you to win your conference. A two loss OSU isn't a conference champion.
OSU can't even win their division of the BIG Integer unless PSU also loses to MSU.

Michigan but the key either way IMO is that Penn State or Wisconsin gets upset. Of course if Michigan wins then a non-champion 2 loss Penn State doesn't get to the Playoffs but it nearly guarantees us a NY6 spot as long as we beat Utah.

Is a 2 loss OSU really out ?
Yes. Without a doubt. Michigan, Alabama, Clemson and Washington would all go if they win out. I'd say Colorado and Oklahoma are next at the 4th seed if they win out. I think Colorado would get in over OU because of the championship game.

Michigan.

Michigan winning out eliminates 3 Big 10 contenders (OSU, Penn State, and Wiscy)

Yup that would be the best scenario because it would take OSU out of the CFB mix. It would also be ok if OSU wins but only if PSU also loses but that's not likely. If OSU goes 11-1 and doesn't win the B10 then they are still going to very much in the mix for a CFB spot.

But all that aside I think OSU will beat Michigan by at least 2 TD's.

Yup that would be the best scenario because it would take OSU out of the CFB mix. It would also be ok if OSU wins but only if PSU also loses but that's not likely. If OSU goes 11-1 and doesn't win the B10 then they are still going to very much in the mix for a CFB spot.

But all that aside I think OSU will beat Michigan by at least 2 TD's.

Correct. The scenarios we need are:

1) UM wins out
2) tOSU wins out and PSU loses to MSU

Best case scenario: Michigan beats tOSU, Michigan State beats Pedo State, Iowa beats the nubs, and Minnesota beats Wisconsin. Then 3-loss Wisconsin beats Michigan in the Big Ten CCG.

Alabama, Clemson, OU (gag), CU (or UW) win out.

Boom. No playoff for that overrated, top heavy conference. That can't count.

Best case scenario:

3-loss Wisconsin gives Michigan a 2nd loss in the B1G Championship.
4-loss VA Tech gives a 2-loss Clemson its 3rd loss in the ACC Championship.
3-loss Florida gives Alabama a 2nd loss in the SEC Championship.
Oklahoma State beats Oklahoma, while WVU loses its final 2 to make the Big 12 complete dog****.
Colorado blows out Utah and Washington to claim the Pac-12 Championship.
Colorado goes into the Playoff as the 1-seed.

Best case scenario:

3-loss Wisconsin gives Michigan a 2nd loss in the B1G Championship.
4-loss VA Tech gives a 2-loss Clemson its 3rd loss in the ACC Championship.
3-loss Florida gives Alabama a 2nd loss in the SEC Championship.
Oklahoma State beats Oklahoma, while WVU loses its final 2 to make the Big 12 complete dog****.
Colorado blows out Utah and Washington to claim the Pac-12 Championship.
Colorado goes into the Playoff as the 1-seed.

Or a 3-loss Wisconsin beating OSU in the conf Championship, cuz I think OSU wins this weekend..

hard to say....i'm having a hard time getting as excited about this one as apparently ESPN thinks i should be.

I find most UM fans i've known a bit boorish which is fine but they have almost no panache in being pretentious.... but in this case i'll pull for them.

I would say Michigan blowing out OSU would be beneficial. OSU losing big at home on the final week of the season and being dropped out of the championship game would be helpful. I don't even want to know what would happen if UM loses AT OSU. The committee is an enigma. But I can't root against Wisconsin until I know Nebraska has lost.

Back